A big annoyance. DL's auto opening..

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A big annoyance. DL's auto opening..

Postby Saeru » 04 Sep 2006, 00:20

This is a growing annoyance on my comp.. For some reason out of the blue one day, any download I do, the file will auto open. It wont ask me if I want to save or open, or where to save it. Just click, and boom auto open. Even zip files.

Unless I right click and sellect save target as, then it allows me to pick an area to save and either open it after it's finished or such...

But my comp is just auto opening any and all files that get downloaded.

It's a worry for me and an annoyance. Any zip files have to be extracted and rezipped for me to 'save' them. (annoying on phpbb)

There are no viruses on my system, and it just started to do it in the middle of the day out of the blue, and I not no clue why.

"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 04 Sep 2006, 05:04

what browser are you using

Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Saeru » 04 Sep 2006, 18:09

IE. Is there a setting something could have turned on/off or something to cause this? And for note I have already run a virus scan, spybot, and adawear. aside a few spywhere my comps clean.

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 04 Sep 2006, 18:17

i think there's like a don't ask this again or somink, which you might have pressed. maybe go to your internet options. fiddle about :P

MarkTheDaemon

Postby MarkTheDaemon » 05 Sep 2006, 22:53

Recommendation 1: http://www.getfirefox.com

Recommendation 2: Never use IE for browsing the internet again.

Mark

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience :P

Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Saeru » 06 Sep 2006, 19:42

I have all the web browsers available for use when designing websites to test that all content displays and works the same way or as close to the same as can be done.

Return to “General Discussion”