000webhost.com sucks

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

000webhost.com sucks

Postby RMcGirr83 » 07 Jul 2011, 15:48

Just had a read of [url=http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2133850]this topic[/url] and honestly can not believe what I am reading. The OP in that topic somehow, no one knows why, broke 000webhost.com TOS. Only problem is, they won't tell him why because of "security concerns". :?

Security concerns? WTF, you moron. What possible security concerns could there possibly be? :roll:

So I am starting this topic hoping it gets googled and indexed so that other unsuspecting future users of this TERRIBLE host go elsewhere. In fact, it is my hope that no user ever, ever, ever use a free forum host. You are at the mercy of them (as indicated in the topic linked to above) and really have nothing to use if they decide that you broke their TOS. At least a host that you pay for gives you the opportunity to fix the issue and at the very least will tell you why your site was canceled/suspended.

Let this be a lesson to all you free forum host users. Don't use them for stuff that you hold near and dear to your heart.

On behalf of 000webhost.com, my sincerest apologies to the OP for their inexcusable behavior.

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 000webhost.com sucks

Postby Ooopsie » 07 Jul 2011, 16:00

Great article. Thanks R.M.

NoVa

Postby NoVa » 07 Jul 2011, 16:16

I fully agree. They suck more that a baby does a breast. They were always complaining of loads of SQL Queries. Erm it was a phpBB install with noting on it lol.

Finally lost it at them when they removed a piece of work I was working on for a college project. It was hosted there as it was a website and got the same response from them as the post you linked to.

Now I don't go near them =]

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ooopsie » 07 Jul 2011, 16:18

I say we ALL open an account there, upload our current databases and forums. That'll give them something to do. We have to do it at an agreed upon time so they get hit all at once. OR we can ping the crapola out of them.

Stoker

Postby Stoker » 07 Jul 2011, 17:46

What a crappy host!
Regards Stoker

Terr0r_2

Postby Terr0r_2 » 07 Jul 2011, 20:21

Get a good paid host or a host on you computer

free hosts is crap :devil:
if you can't fix it with ducktape you ain't using enough
For my MODS and BBCodes or other things that I have made take a look

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Postby Sniper_E » 07 Jul 2011, 23:36

I opened an account on several free hosting sites just to check each one of them out.
This 000webhost.com site was one of the three that I dropped right at the beginning.
I saw immediately, right after registering that it was not a good site. I concur!
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!™

Nickola

Postby Nickola » 11 Jul 2011, 10:56

The site was pleasant

Ashley.S.

Postby Ashley.S. » 14 Jul 2011, 14:06

as a former user of this host, I can tell you that it is was good to start, but then as your site would get more popular and bigger, they would have more grounds to cause you problems like constant MySQL connection problems, random suspensions, and worse case scenario, deletion.

I was lucky enough to leave before they decided to take my site down cos I sure weren't going to pay them one penny and I now avoid this host like a barge pole!
Kind Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ Moderator ]

mark123

Postby mark123 » 17 Jul 2011, 09:06

I almost went with them a long time ago, so glad I did not :D

Ashley.S.

Postby Ashley.S. » 17 Jul 2011, 12:28

Kind Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ Moderator ]

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Postby Sniper_E » 21 Jul 2011, 14:35

Has anyone ever tried ifastnet dot com?
I have a free host setup there for a test server and it's been fine.
I'm not sure how their paid service is though.
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!™

Return to “General Discussion”