MOD description: phpGrr! is a lightweight and easy to use modular portal add-on for phpBB3 than can be configured through the phpBB3 ACP.
- Show Hide | Select all
- Feature List
- Support for MySQL 4 and PostgreSQL
- Automatic database installation script.
- Only four simple and optional edits needed to phpBB3 core files.
News and Content
- phpGrr! can be configured to display news posts on its front page from specified multiple forums and from individually specified posts in any forum in your phpBB3 installtion.
- Can also display single posts as an article (view portal.php?pid=post_id) giving you the ability to create a website driven from your forums.
- Obeys phpBB3 permissions fully.
- News posts can be configured to have a maximum length, after which the post is cut off (in a BBCode safe manner) and the user given a link to the rest of the article. Useful for reducing your news page's bandwidth and readability.
- Full BBCode, smiley and censoring support on news and article posts.
- phpGrr! has a poweful inbuilt module system allowing you to easily add third-party modules to your portal.
- New modules are simply uploaded to your host and can then be installed and configured through the ACP. No need for code edits.
Template and Layout Options
- Your portal can be configured to use either a three column or two column layout to suit your site's individual needs and space requirements.
- Custom template files can also be used, forcing your portal to have a different look and feel to your forums. This effect can be taken further if you wish to move phpGrr! outside of the phpBB root folder, even to a seperate domain.
MOD version: 1.2.0
phpBB version: 3.0.5
Development stage: Stable
MOD Format: MODX
MOD download: http://zoofware.com/?pid=87
(note, still awaiting validation at phpBB.com)