Hello

Welcome -- introduce yourself!
lefty74

Hello

Post by lefty74 »

I saw the link to this site on evil's sig over at phpbb.com and just wanted to say hi to you all.

The little stuff I know about modding I picked up from actually installing mods to my forum which helped a lot.

Quite a lot of changes I make are 80% on a trial and error basis (i.e. guessing), the remaining 20% based on actually knowledge but I am trying to change the weighting of this... just takes a little while.

I am not sure whether I will be able to contribute that much but I will certainly learn a lot here :)

cheers
lefty
Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Post by Noobarmy »

welcome lefty to phpBBModders!
there's lots to learn here from the experience some of the other guys have. have fun!
igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Post by igorw »

Welcome lefty!

Nice to have another member here! Especially a modder :D I hope you can learn a lot and then also contribute :) When you create MODs you also learn very much. By just exploring the system. It's especially interresting if you see a request, and you think "hey, how would i do that?". And then you look at the code, and you suddenly know how to do it (in theory at least, as you'll get many parse errors at the beginning, lol).

Enjoy!
Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Post by Noobarmy »

in theory at least, as you'll get many parse errors at the beginning, lol

:lol: yes i've certainly realised that :P but even the parse errors help, especially to know how to fix them :P
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

thanks for the nice welcome ! :)