How many mods do you have installed?

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

How many mods do you have installed?

Postby Noobarmy » 23 Dec 2006, 07:20

How many mods have you actually installed on a live site, here on modders we have i think 125 is the latest count (evil<3 went a bit crazy :D ). Also do you think all the one's you have installed are all neccasary? or are they jsut there cause u think they're cool.....be interesting to see, especially as people are amazed at the 125 mods we have installed (i'm sure someone can beat us). meh i'll give you permission to put up a link :o if u have a lot of mods installed so well u can prove it

Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saeru » 23 Dec 2006, 08:10

I have 117 mods on my board. With 13 sure to be added and 7 maybe added if needed.

I think it's about 50/50. Half are useful, the other half are mostly cosmetic.

"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 23 Dec 2006, 08:36

That's a nice MOD count, saeru! So at least we're not the only crazy people :D We do have a lot of useful MODs here, but also a few cosmetical (allthough i wouldn't really consider most of those "MODs").

- we're poor!

lefty74

Postby lefty74 » 23 Dec 2006, 23:23

I have 65 mods installed at the moment. Some modifications I did myself but did not keep tab of them.

You can find my modlist[url=http://www.lefty74.com/forum/mods.php]here[/url]

Would be interested to see other people modlists, maybe there is the odd mod out there that I would find interesting but overlooked :)

sanis

Postby sanis » 24 Dec 2006, 12:02

I have installed about 50-70 mods. :)

ramon fincken

Postby ramon fincken » 26 Dec 2006, 01:11

ok... at phpbbinstallers we got 31 mods,
not including the antispam mod + ACP mods

Afterlife(69)

Postby Afterlife(69) » 27 Dec 2006, 08:03

I'm not going to bother counting, however is somewhere near 10 (Including CH 2.1.X).

I think installing a large amount of intensive MODs is just stupid and bad for server performance, my goal is max functionality with minimal database interaction (This is the reason Simple Coloured Usergroups only uses one query).
Life in the house :)

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 27 Dec 2006, 09:54

I personally really like the little mods. Those that change something very small. Many small things are included in CH too, i just prefere to have them as separate MODs, because then i can customize. I know that the performance will be a little worse like this, but at least i only get what i want then. Wich is what i like about phpBB (it doesn't have too many features, but very many mods).

- we're poor!

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 27 Dec 2006, 20:32

Well being a nOOb in phpbb I have installed many, many mods. Somewhere 150 or so simply because I had no idea what they did (the descriptions tend to stink).

It's a CH forum and is also very private (I dare anyone to try and register lol).

Anyway when logged on sql queries on index.php run about 55 (shrug) and on viewtopic with 15 posts per page close to 100. To much I know but oh well.

Page still parses under 2 seconds and if the server is really, really good under 1.

http://betraythis.com

for those that want to take a peak, but being a private forum you won't see much of the stuff that goes on behind closed doors.

And yeah I know that sql load is highish but this is my first forum and prior to June 2005 I didn't know diddly about php or html...but I do know a tad about it now.

One thing with adding a lot of mods/templates is the number of updates/fixes which sometimes gets a little much.

Anyway, 2005 phpbb nOOb...2007 who knows if the forum will even be around at the end of the year.

Krank

Postby Krank » 27 Dec 2006, 20:49

i installed about 50 to 60 MODs, didn't keep count of them lol

Off-Topic:
RMc i see you have the cTracker installed and under the button at the bottom "26 blocked attacks" so does that mean if you didn't have that your forum would be "gone" ?

[img]http://i16.tinypic.com/4hltl6h.jpg[/img]

phpBB3 Je t'adore: subSilver2 Based styles fan
proSilver, good, but too .... I don't know just too... :P

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 27 Dec 2006, 21:09

Not sure...but I do backups of the db weekly and of the forum files whenever I make a change.

Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Saeru » 31 Dec 2006, 14:09

I say about 65% of the mods on my board are really small ones. And out of my list of mods, only 9 of them have anything to do with sql.

I hate installing big mods :P

"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”