My Navigation System

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JakeTFG
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My Navigation System

Postby JakeTFG » 10 Jan 2007, 01:44

http://www.thefirstgeneration.com

It may look nice but i got it from live journal open source code and it doesnt work right on all machines. Also it doesnt work with the MPS profile mod.

You can also select another template TFG in Blue but that just changes it to a sidebar and header on the top (which doesnt display right in I.E.)

What would you do as there are over 32 links to show.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 10 Jan 2007, 13:02

That menu looks awesome, i love it! Looks great for me in IE and Firefox, also in Opera (allthough the logo is a little misplaced there. The menu itself is working perfectly. Also no Errors in the Javascript error console.

- we're poor!

drathbun

Postby drathbun » 10 Jan 2007, 15:30

I finally talked our webmaster for the consulting company I work for out of a very similar design. Trust me, there is a reason why menu dropdowns are vertical rather than horizontal. It's bad bad bad from a usability standpoint.

If a user has palsy, or some sort of tremor in their hands, it's extremely difficult to get from the leftmost menu item all the way to the second row right-most option. If you look at most dynamic menu solutions they use vertical menus, just like Windows or OS/X.

AMailer

Postby AMailer » 10 Jan 2007, 20:29

I don't have any of that, but I still find it 'harder' in a sense, not as easy as a vertical drop-down box to navigate.
>> New - Need a designer?
>> Visit - For all students interested in computer science.

drathbun

Postby drathbun » 10 Jan 2007, 20:33

It was just an example of an extreme case. I personally don't like that style of navigation at all. :-)

JakeTFG

Postby JakeTFG » 10 Jan 2007, 23:40

Well i like the menu and all but it just doesnt work with MPS, theres some css it has that intefers with the phpbb css and i could never quite figure it out. >< if only it was built for phpbb

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”