phpBB & DDoS..

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Krank
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

phpBB & DDoS..

Postby Krank » 02 Mar 2007, 12:47

i've been getting this weird thing in my forum, where every section has an IP (same IP) viewing it, at first i thought its a bot, but i checked the IP and its not a Bot, i have afterlife's "Users Viewing Forum on Index" MOD installed, that kinda helped to spot it faster, instead of just checking the admin index, anyways....

i'm not asking for support lol so don't worry hehe, but i do have a couple of questions though..

is that a DDoS Attack? and here comes the phpBB Discussion part, afterlife's MOD is based on vBulletin (X Viewing) and i visit a lot of vBulletin forums, some are very big forums, some are not, anyways i don't see that type of thing never (same IP viewing all section, same time) i know that, because i'm admin in a couple of vBulletin forums, again anyways.

does that mean phpBB is more vulnerable towards DDoS attacks?
can it be prevented?

if what i just said (IP viewing all sections..etc) is not a DDoS attack then what is it? (believe me its not a bot, i've checked and checked)

its happening to my forum a lot, not everyday though, but every couple of days...

my bandwidth plan is pretty big, so i'm not worried about the bandwidth (although it does kill bits and bits of bandwidth) what i'm worried about, if it gets bigger?

eh, comments and reviews please :)

oh and btw, does that happen to any of you? (lol the same IP viewing all section at the same time)

phpBB3 Je t'adore: subSilver2 Based styles fan
proSilver, good, but too .... I don't know just too... :P

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 03 Mar 2007, 14:50

I don't really care about it, and just because it's not google or yahoo, doesn't mean it's not a bot ;)

- we're poor!

Afterlife(69)

Postby Afterlife(69) » 04 Mar 2007, 02:36

No, its not a DDoS, its a crawler. and its nothing to worry about I usually have about 20-50 (max 300) instances of a search bot on a single ip at my forum.
Life in the house :)

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”