Contact Board Admin

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
noworyz

Contact Board Admin

Postby noworyz » 19 Apr 2007, 22:32

I was wondering about the contact board admin mod you use here. It seems really good but am wondering the comparison to say the phpFormMail found at [url=http://www.boaddrink.com/projects/phpformmail/index.htm]http://www.boaddrink.com/projects/phpformmail/index.htm[/url]

I use this on my site and it works great. Spam is pretty much none and it has a protection against the spammers in spoofing my email.

Does this mod work the same way? At one point I had the issue (before the phpFormMail script) of spammer using my contact form to send out spam to thousands of people on a daily basis. Does this mod have this vulnerability?

thanks for any info.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby igorw » 19 Apr 2007, 22:49

Our contact form doesn't have any of these problems, we have additional security, because it creates a forum post instead of an email. We hardly get spam (well i built in some little protection).

- we're poor!

noworyz

Postby noworyz » 19 Apr 2007, 23:36

what kinda protection are you talking about, any hints?

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 19 Apr 2007, 23:40

Hidden form fields :D

- we're poor!

noworyz

Postby noworyz » 19 Apr 2007, 23:41

ok, cool!

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”