phpBB3 RC1 released!

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
Ash Hi Fi Zone

Postby Ash Hi Fi Zone » 21 May 2007, 09:47

Damn ! I will be missing a lot of features in phpBB 3 that I had in my modded phpBB 2 board :-(

It will take a long long time to port all those features into the new version :(
My Kool Forum :
My job-related website :
My phpBB 2 Mods :
My phpBB 3 Mods :
My phpBB 3 Stlye Tutorial :

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby igorw » 21 May 2007, 10:30

Many features are included and a few mod authors are already working hard on porting their MODs to phpBB3 ;)

- we're poor!

Trinity
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Trinity » 21 May 2007, 14:55

The main MOD I'm waiting for is Smartor's photo album. I wonder if he's working on it.

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Postby Ash Hi Fi Zone » 21 May 2007, 17:48

My Kool Forum :
My job-related website :
My phpBB 2 Mods :
My phpBB 3 Mods :

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 21 May 2007, 17:58

I bet you can write a MOD to have timed warnings! Bbcodes and smilies are already enhanced, i made a zodiacs MOD, the jumpbox is redesigned, today-yesterday is included...

IP search, topic description, profile guestbook, textbox resize... great MOD requests! ;)

- we're poor!

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Postby Ash Hi Fi Zone » 21 May 2007, 18:28

There used to be a good feature with the BBCode Enhancement MOD which made that - if you select a text and click any of the BBCODE buttons the selection will remain as such so that you can easily apply more than one BBCODE formatting for the selection.....

This feature is still missing in the phpBB3.... But since it is just some javascript based one I think I ll try to port this MOD to phpBB 3 too....

By redesigning jumpbox MOD - I meant actually the one where you will automatically be taken to the forum once you select any of the options from the Jumpbox before clicking the GO button itself :D
My Kool Forum :
My job-related website :
My phpBB 2 Mods :
My phpBB 3 Mods :

DualFusion

Postby DualFusion » 21 May 2007, 19:12

I dont know if this is what you want, but this is a [url=http://startrekguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=775]topic description mod[/url].

EDIT: And the jumbox goes to the specified forum automatically. The [GO] button is only thee in case some browsers dont support JS or have it disbaled.
Look at my rank!!!! I am a guru!!! yay!! :D

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Postby Ash Hi Fi Zone » 21 May 2007, 19:30

Hmm I already saw that one DualFusion but it seemed to run a query for each topic in viewforum.... So it means if viewforum is set to display 20 topics per page then it will do 20 additional queries - damn..... The author had promised to optimize the MOD but no reply from him for a long time there.... I think I should better resolve to writing my own MODS soon but currently I m not able to spare that much time per day.... May be after 2 weeks I shall be able to :D
My Kool Forum :
My job-related website :
My phpBB 2 Mods :
My phpBB 3 Mods :

DualFusion

Postby DualFusion » 21 May 2007, 19:34

Maybe you can request some of those mods here in the mod requests forum :D
Look at my rank!!!! I am a guru!!! yay!! :D

Morris

Postby Morris » 23 May 2007, 09:23

Is it hard for some one like you here that nows all about building mods to convert one from phpbb2 to phpbb3?

I have one mod that all of my members cant live without, and i really want to change to phpbb3, but i cant do that becouse of this mod.

And the author of the mod has gone missing seens 2006.

It is this mod i am talking about.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... lit=sports

Morris

Postby Morris » 23 May 2007, 12:23

Hello!

Is there any one here that can tell me how to post a new topic in phpbb3?
I have installed it and everything work, but not to post a new topic.

I have made some categories and made the user rights so that all can post topics and everything, but no new topic button appears in the forum.

:dah:

Edit: The error went away when i change the language.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 23 May 2007, 16:37

Morris, please note that there's no phpBB support here. If you have a problem with phpBB3, you have to ask in the phpbb.com support forums or elsewhere ;)

- we're poor!

Morris

Postby Morris » 23 May 2007, 17:58

I now eviL<3, but seens the experts of phpbb all hang out here i asked that simple question here. :)

But the first question was about converting a phpbb2 mod to phpbb3, is that ok to ask here?

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 23 May 2007, 18:08

I was talking about your second post, the first is absoluteley fine ;)

I personally have been working with phpBB3 for nearly half a year now, so i learnt it slowly... :D

- we're poor!

Thoul

Postby Thoul » 23 May 2007, 23:00

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”