Memory Details in DEBUG Stats and mysqli doubt

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ash Hi Fi Zone

Memory Details in DEBUG Stats and mysqli doubt

Postby Ash Hi Fi Zone » 23 May 2007, 01:31

I defined DEBUG and DEBUG_EXTRA from config.php and it shows the Debug stats at the bottom as expected.... On my own local server on my PC it displays the Memory Usage also when DEBUG_EXTRA is defined but on my host it does not display it.....

Is it because my host runs an old version of php ??

Also my host does not seem to support mysqli..... Is there any advantage of using mysqli over mysql ??
My Kool Forum :
My job-related website :
My phpBB 2 Mods :
My phpBB 3 Mods :
My phpBB 3 Stlye Tutorial :

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby igorw » 23 May 2007, 17:06

Possibly the load settings are not available on all hosts, i'm not sure about that one.

MySQL stands for "MySQL Improved". More info can be found at php.net: http://php.net/mysqli It's not totally clear if mysqli is faster than the mysql functions. Note that mysqli is only a PHP extension, the database is still "mysql". Some people will say that if you have the possibility to use mysqli, use it... it does stand for "improved" after all.

One good thing when using it outside of phpbb is that you can have object oriented mysql access, which is not possible with the mysql functions.

- we're poor!

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Postby Ash Hi Fi Zone » 23 May 2007, 17:47

Ok I found out the reason why I was not able to get the MEMORY USAGE on my host - it was because thay had disabled access to the php function get_memory_usage....

Hmm I think the difference between mysql and mysqli would be only noticable with large forums and not small ones anyway :)
My Kool Forum :
My job-related website :
My phpBB 2 Mods :
My phpBB 3 Mods :
My phpBB 3 Stlye Tutorial :

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”