Lose MODS if Upgrade to RC2?

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Trinity
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lose MODS if Upgrade to RC2?

Postby Trinity » 24 Jun 2007, 22:05

Hi there. I have a question. What method of upgrading should I do? Should I use the automatic updater through the ACP? It seems like that's the best bet when upgrading because you can keep all your modifications? I'm not sure about this. At any rate, any help would be appreciated. What is the best method of upgrading if you have mods installed?

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Lose MODS if Upgrade to RC2?

Postby igorw » 25 Jun 2007, 15:15

Hello,

when upgrading using the automatic updater (it doesn't happen through the ACP, it's a separate package), you will keep your MODs except some which conflict with updated parts. The updater will ask you what do do then. So yes, i'd use the automatic updater, allthough you should always keep backups! ;)

- we're poor!

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”