How to create "double button"

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kamahl

How to create "double button"

Postby Kamahl » 07 Jun 2008, 07:49

how can I create button like this [img]http://ukazto.com/img_small/3312830~button_topic_new.jpg[/img] which will change itself :)
||

Prince of phpBB
Supporter
Supporter

Re: How to create "double button"

Postby Prince of phpBB » 07 Jun 2008, 10:53

Its a really simple trick actually.

You start by creating one instance of a button (the normal state) and save it as an image file. The format of the file can be anything (jpg, png, gif, etc). (Referring to the picture you posted, it would be the top button).

Then you create the second instance of the button (the over state) and save it that as well. (The bottom button in your image).

Once you have to seperate image files, now we join them together.

Create a new document, the width should be the same as of the other images but the height should be "double". For example, in your example image, each button is 25px high but the final image is 50px high. In Photoshop, you can simply open the previously created image buttons and Copy Paste them in the new document. Position them on top of one another and save them as one image.

I've written this quite quickly assuming you have a little know-how of Photoshop, let me know if you don't and I'll post a more explained version ;)

Kamahl

Postby Kamahl » 07 Jun 2008, 13:20

ok, thx, it's much more better tutorial as I expected :)
||

youngjediknight
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby youngjediknight » 22 Apr 2009, 18:52

Thank you for that explanation, Prince of phpBB.

Would you mind outlining the process of integrating a new “double button” into the cfg and css files? What would a sample html href look like?

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”