A novel for a rainy day

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A novel for a rainy day

Postby igorw » 29 Jul 2008, 00:09

This topic at phpBB.com contains a lot of quality critisism and ideas for the MOD team and how modding works. It was posted at STG by highway of life too, so i thought it'd be a good thing to share here as well. If you take a look at it, you'll know why i named the topic title this way (it's inspired by davids post at STG).

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1091335

- we're poor!

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Re: A novel for a rainy day

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 29 Jul 2008, 02:17

I read a page and a half of it...so like twenty some posts...all like 10 miles long ;)

It surely is a novel for a rainy day ;)

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever

Mr. Bond

Postby Mr. Bond » 04 Aug 2008, 03:32

:shock: I've read a few pages but geez, people got a lot to say about the phpBB.com modDB / forums :lol:
• •

EY
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EY » 04 Aug 2008, 09:17

Been more then 2 hours i have been reading this topic.

Geez every post is like longer then the next one.
Never Say Never!

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 04 Aug 2008, 13:06

It would be much easier with a whole forum and multiple topics, because each person brings up 5 topics, and then the next person must respond to them, and if the next person doesn't, the people after taht forget about it and it isn't responded to, etc.

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 04 Aug 2008, 15:08

anyone wanna sum it up nicely? i couldn't even finish the first page...scrolled to the bottom to see it was liek 170 posts and tought ah f*** it.

its basically one of those problems that's come up with a lot of the experienced people who don't end up on the teams who end up despising .com? if so i don't need to read, heck i'm one of them. :P

EY
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EY » 04 Aug 2008, 15:57

Has nothing to do with him not being on the team.

He is on the QA Team.
Never Say Never!

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 04 Aug 2008, 16:10

- we're poor!

EY
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EY » 04 Aug 2008, 16:14

I would rather read it all to actually not miss anything and understand it the right way.
Never Say Never!

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 04 Aug 2008, 16:30

no no i didn't mean like that. more so that once your on teh team you end up liking .com; and cheers igor =)

EY
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EY » 04 Aug 2008, 17:05

Well i think if you were on the .com team you would not complain or just not ask for new stuff daily as you will see how hard it is and how much time it takes.
Never Say Never!

BetaDevil
Supporter
Supporter

Postby BetaDevil » 06 Aug 2008, 09:20

Is it actually possible to read the topic without sleeping after 1 page? (ok, I didn't sleep last night...)

EY
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EY » 06 Aug 2008, 13:06

Finished reading a day or two ago ;)

Was a really good read and agree and many stuff mentioned.
Also took the time to write my suggestion and thoughts.
Never Say Never!

Prince of phpBB
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Prince of phpBB » 08 Aug 2008, 22:59

Well I read all of topic :oops: and the guy does make a valid point :?

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”