Cache Expiration or Cache Prevention

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
anne
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cache Expiration or Cache Prevention

Postby anne » 03 Aug 2008, 18:43

I have been styling my board for various reasons. And I am left refreshing my cache more often than naught.

Is there a way to prevent the stylesheets and templates from caching or maybe let them expire ~xx seconds?

Thank you.

Lord Le Brand
Website Team
Website Team

Re: Cache Expiration or Cache Prevention

Postby Lord Le Brand » 03 Aug 2008, 19:38

Hi,
You can go to your ACP -> ( General -> Server configuration -> ) Load settings and set Recompile stale style components to Yes to prevent caching of style-related files

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 03 Aug 2008, 22:06

If I'm not wrong, doesn't that only work on styles without vars in the stylesheet? It might not be the same thing, but theers and option in the styles tab to not cache stylesheets, but it only works if you are usinbg subSilver instead of prosilver for that reason.

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 04 Aug 2008, 16:15

By enabling that setting the data will still be cached. It will however be *recompiled* every time it changes. This will make your board a little bit slower, because it has to check if the file has changed. It's however hardly noticable.

As far as i know, it will work for any styesheets. They Please do note that the imageset is not refreshed automatically. It needs to be done manually in the ACP "Styles" tab.

- we're poor!

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”