Smileylist, BBcodes will not work

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the phpBB 3.1.x discussion forum.
Designer19734

Smileylist, BBcodes will not work

Post by Designer19734 »

I have asked it everywere, but no one can help me trought this strange problem.

I have installed an forum, also I have installed an old backup from an forum that was 3.0.2 aswell.

Everything worked, atleast I tought, when I wanted to post, the BBcodes and Smileys wont work.
I click on them, and nothing hapends.

It is very weard because I have acepted BBcodes and smileys in the ACP, everywhere I could find the words allow BBcodes and smileys, I have accepted them.

If I manualy enter the smiley code or BBcode like : p and [ quote ] (without space) the appear as the normal way.

Now, 5 days after I have installed the forum, the BBcodes and smileys wont work only when I put the code manualy in my post, the appear.
(My guest and members won't like that way, so I have to solve it)

Is there anyone that knows what the problem is, or is there anyone that can help me solve it?
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Smileylist, BBcodes will not work

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

That's a styling error, most likely...I don't know if I can help you, but pasting your "styles/your_style/template/posting_buttons.html" and "styles/your_style/template/bbcode.js" in the pastebin and putting the links here will most likely help.
That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever
Designer19734

Post by Designer19734 »

I'm sorry, one I don't know what you mean with puting the links an a pastebin, what is a pastebin, and whera does it stands, acp?

BTW, The file bbcode.js doesn't exist in my style/template directory, bbcode.html does exist.

Is that the problem???

gr
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

sorry, I meant editor.js.

Pastebin: http://phpbbmodders.net/pastebin/

You paste code in there to show other people. The files you need to put in are styles/your_style/template/posting_buttons.html, styles/your_style/template/posting_editor.html, and styles/your_style/template/editor.js.
That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever
Designer19734

Post by Designer19734 »

That's very strange, I haven't got any of the files accept posting_buttons.html,
I'm using the style 610nm, and I can see the hided files on my ftp, but I can't see any editor.js and posting_editor.html.

Maybe that is the corrupting spot?

I have uploaded the file posting_buttons.html at the pastebin.

greets
(I'll hope you can help me)