How would I go about making a site like this?

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
keenlaf
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How would I go about making a site like this?

Postby keenlaf » 22 Oct 2009, 03:57

I am not sure if this is in the wrong spot... >_>

I was wondering like on the "Home" area, how do you make that work into phpbb, and like in the rules how there is the little box at top right with sections and stuff...

Like the phpbb main site, how do you do this? Is it all within the board, or just a replica of it (use same theme/style/imgset etc on the site, and when you change to board there is no change?)

Or if this is a mod... which ? o.O

--------------------------

Okay, I have spent the last 4-5 hours searching places, and this isn't the first day I've tried looking into this (obviously I'm not to resourceful L O L)
I can not find a complete guide or anything to this matter, all I find is pieces to each of the things I want to do... Should I just spend a week and do everything indv. or continue looking for a [complete]guide that will save me that time?

Thanks in advance!

Keenlaf

bonelifer
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How would I go about making a site like this?

Postby bonelifer » 22 Oct 2009, 04:36

Buttons Menu -->> http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1116985

phpBB Website Integration Framework -->> http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... 56&start=0

As for the rules, there is one you can find on http://startrekguide.com/community/index.php In order to get it you have to be a site donator. After you donate you have access to it in the Supporter section.

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 22 Oct 2009, 16:00

From what I recall, that is all custom code. I know we have some special code classes that generate the site navigation, however for a standard phpBB board (as what he have is certainly not standard, instead it is highly modified) it would require some custom code solutions. I would say the website framework that bonelifer linked should work, but I have never tried it -- I just code the pages myself by hand. :lol:

Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Semi_Deus » 22 Oct 2009, 17:50

Well, its not completely custom Damian. Yes, we did code it ourselves, and yes its custom for phpBB Modders. Though, most of the CSS classes already exist within phpBB. Also, the php is there (to integrate the style to another page.) http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... 56&start=0 is indeed probably the best place to start, from there on, it are indeed small changes that you have to look at 1 by 1 :|

Keep an eye on us, were back in business..

keenlaf

Postby keenlaf » 22 Oct 2009, 22:33

Thanks!

I will look into this, and work on it... If I ever accomplish this I'll post a link so you guys can tell me how I did :)

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”