A mature general programming question

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BartTv
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A mature general programming question

Postby BartTv » 17 Oct 2006, 02:06

Hi,

I have started learning php a long time ago and stopped because school started and want to keep up with the class and pass all my exams and all. So i kinda forgot most of the things i had learned because i didn't look at it since then.

Now my question is:

If i like programming,working on computers and creating stuff how can i go back to re-start learning php and other languages withouht bothering my school time and studiying and all.

See i always loved codding stuff and all but the only thing i have had time to learn is actualy HTML. And now i saw php and understood that it was what i really was into so i got 13 books that can teach me php and have never had the time to entirely complete them.

Just some little suggestions or ideas of what i could do would help.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Saeru » 17 Oct 2006, 02:35

PHP can be rather simple. I lerned it as a hobby honestly.

Best thing you could do is start with the simple stuff and work your way on. With a bit of work over time, the more complex stuff will become the 'simple' stuff for you ;P

You don't really have to sit down and be dedicated in order to learn. Any feww time I have, if I don't feel like playing a game or watching TV, I work on coding. You can learn a lot in a little time. Get stuck, google the answer or check in one of your books. ^^

"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 17 Oct 2006, 03:56

well sitting down for an hour a day reading your book will mean you've learnt most of it in a couple of weeks. Or taking online tutorials is good as well :)

BartTv

Postby BartTv » 17 Oct 2006, 12:19

And what are the most important things to learn to create some MODs and some basic stuff?

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 17 Oct 2006, 12:48

Know the basics of PHP, know HTML and know how phpBB works (Template system, language variables)

- we're poor!

drathbun

Postby drathbun » 17 Oct 2006, 13:16

The first step - in my opinion - is learning good programming practice. Once you do that, anything else is just syntax.

UseLess

Postby UseLess » 17 Oct 2006, 14:43

Movie Quote:
It's not the years honey, it's the mileage...

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”