Since we can talk about phpBB3 here...

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
damnian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Since we can talk about phpBB3 here...

Postby damnian » 09 Nov 2006, 06:23

I wrote a post in my blog explaining [url=http://blog.phpbb.cc/2006/11/08/its-ready-when-its-ready]exactly why Olympus will never ship[/url].

I was about to advertise it on the phpBB.com board, but then again, I wouldn't want to be permanently banned from there... :lol:

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 09 Nov 2006, 07:00

well that's one view.

imo the dev's wouldn't waste their time if they were never going to release it. hell it takes a long time to create this sort of BBS and at the scale phpBB3 looks to be at i would've actuallly expected it to take as long as it have, might be annoying but patience is a virtue dear friend :)

the mere mortals will get it eventually :D

poyntesm

Postby poyntesm » 09 Nov 2006, 08:55

Have you used a CVS copy recently? Its getting near to be done.
My Mods :, ,
My Blog :

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 09 Nov 2006, 11:06

- we're poor!

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 09 Nov 2006, 13:17

yes agreed. if the package was a commercial product you have more of a right IMO to be pushing for a release date, but this is all voluntry work for the devs :)

damnian

Postby damnian » 09 Nov 2006, 14:55

While you guys were debating, I managed to get [url=http://blog.phpbb.cc/2006/11/08/its-ready-when-its-ready/#comment-9]a reply from Acyd Burn himself![/url]

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 09 Nov 2006, 15:33

pah he's still saying its done when it's done. just giving a reason for the delays

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”