phpbb secured?

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Krank
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

phpbb secured?

Postby Krank » 12 Nov 2006, 19:25

ok, i've seen alot ALOT sites using phpbb hacked, so i check on the phpbb site to see whats wrong, and they always say, the best way to keep your site secured, is to have your phpbb up-to-date, because it has all the fixes...etc

so i figured, yea, maybe all the phpbb sites that got hacked didn't update and they are using an old version.

but my friend's site got hacked, and he's using phpbb latest version 2.0.21, it was annoying, so he brought it back, new install, new sql...etc and it got hacked again, lol he has some "enemies" i guess.

i checked his SQL tables, and i found out how they hacked, phpbb_config, checked around asked around, all said (atleast i think they are right) that whats use is sql injection

so anyways, is phpbb really that easy to get hacked? i mean, i'm admin in a vBulletin board, and i know alot of other forums, IPB, vBulletin, hell even YaBB and SMF, the only sites i see hacked, and believe me i've seen alot is phpbb.

so, is there anything that can be done to secure phpbb, or make it as un hackable as possible?
Last edited by Krank on 12 Nov 2006, 19:39, edited 2 times in total.

phpBB3 Je t'adore: subSilver2 Based styles fan
proSilver, good, but too .... I don't know just too... :P

blazes816
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby blazes816 » 12 Nov 2006, 19:32

You should have reported it. There are no reported cases of a hacked 2.0.21.
User Number 9e071a3a594a8964cbefe784f8a6afaa94c0de17
My MODs:

Krank

Postby Krank » 12 Nov 2006, 19:37

phpBB3 Je t'adore: subSilver2 Based styles fan
proSilver, good, but too .... I don't know just too... :P

Afterlife(69)

Postby Afterlife(69) » 12 Nov 2006, 19:38

If he is using shared hosting, it could be an attack from another account on the server.
Life in the house :)

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”