CrackerTracker Professional G5!?

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Krank
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CrackerTracker Professional G5!?

Postby Krank » 13 Nov 2006, 10:30

ok i found this on phpbbhacks

[url=http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/4359]CrackerTracker Professional G5[/url]

sounds like a good thing to have on a forum, right?

i don't know where or on what i read a comment about a security MOD, and someone replied that it made the forum even easier to get hacked/attacked and made it less secured, so does this MOD protect the site? like a security system?

phpBB3 Je t'adore: subSilver2 Based styles fan
proSilver, good, but too .... I don't know just too... :P

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 13 Nov 2006, 15:59

It has happened in past that so-called security MODs had security issues. And i'd rather stay with an up-to-date phpBB and secure MODs from secure sources (MODDB). I'm not saying that the MOD is bad, in fact i havn't even looked at it. But i believe it's unneeded. I've never seen a site with up-to-date phpBB and secure MODs being hacked.

- we're poor!

drathbun

Postby drathbun » 14 Nov 2006, 01:36

According to [url=http://www.phpbbservice.nl/viewtopic.php?t=308]this site[/url] it has a vulnerability... don't use the MOD, don't frequent that site, so can't really vouch for either.

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”