IP Only By Admin

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Krank
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

IP Only By Admin

Postby Krank » 20 Nov 2006, 17:38

so i found this MOD, really interesting, what do you think about it? good?

[url=http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=220109]phpBB link[/url]

phpBB3 Je t'adore: subSilver2 Based styles fan
proSilver, good, but too .... I don't know just too... :P

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 20 Nov 2006, 18:42

It's good if that's what the admin wants. Some admins give their admins more rights than others.

- we're poor!

Krank

Postby Krank » 20 Nov 2006, 18:49

true, but alot can happen if given rights to admins, some are just ughh lol, but yea, i don't want my Mods to view the IP (i mean what will they do with it?) eh just wanted to get feedback, and if there is another Mod better, but i checked the codes (as a noob knowledge) lol it basically limits it to the admin (user level)

phpBB3 Je t'adore: subSilver2 Based styles fan
proSilver, good, but too .... I don't know just too... :P

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 20 Nov 2006, 19:20

Well yeah, it does make sense, as moderators have no use for it whatsoever (other than finding out where the person lives :O)... Privacy ftw :)

- we're poor!

drathbun

Postby drathbun » 20 Nov 2006, 21:37

I would disagree... my moderators use this feature to help identify spammers. We had someone join my board and post something that was not very well received. The board members really jumped him, and not just moderators. :-) So a few days later another new registered user posted a similar question, just phrased differently. By checking the IP, my moderators were able to determine that it was the same person.

I allow my moderator team to see IP addresses. If you can't trust your moderators to behave properly, then they should not be moderators. ;-)

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 20 Nov 2006, 21:42

Checking ip adresses against eachother... okay i didn't think about that. I usually don't really do that, as when i ban somebody, i also ban his IP...

And you know the problem of the moderator userlevel dave, sometimes moderators of a test forum shouldn't be able to view IPs (and phpbb doesn't allow you to prevent this), so reasons exists to install it imo.

- we're poor!

drathbun

Postby drathbun » 20 Nov 2006, 21:54

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”