SQL resources?

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chaoskreator

SQL resources?

Postby chaoskreator » 30 Jul 2009, 00:22

I've read all of the documentation on the dbal at wiki.phpbb.com, a bunch of topics at various support sites, and the MySQL documentation, itself, but I'm still having problems with SQL queries within phpBB3.
For example, I cannot use build_sql_query (and certain other non-SQL related functions) on a setup across sub-domains. If I include the dbal files, it, of course, gives a fatal error that you cannot redeclare the class.
Another problem is on a MOD that I've been working on for a name generator. This issue has to be with my syntax, but I can't spot it.

I don't know. I suck at SQL. Any one have some other resources I could check out?

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Re: SQL resources?

Postby Obsidian » 30 Jul 2009, 00:24

across sub domains? What exactly do you mean by that?

Including the dbal files would probably throw an error because they are already loaded...

Can you turn on debug extra, and give us any errors you get when using dbal::build_sql_query() ?

chaoskreator

Postby chaoskreator » 30 Jul 2009, 00:38

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 30 Jul 2009, 00:44

Be sure to post up some of the usage that you have for build_sql_query, we'll see what's the issue.

chaoskreator

Postby chaoskreator » 20 Aug 2009, 02:24

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 20 Aug 2009, 02:36

chaoskreator

Postby chaoskreator » 20 Aug 2009, 03:24

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”