Looking for advice on phpbb version?

Discussion about phpBB 3.1.x.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CraftyMc

Looking for advice on phpbb version?

Postby CraftyMc » 25 Feb 2015, 21:41

Hey, been a long time.

I'm planning on opening a new phpbb forum and looking for some advice,

Whats the best version of phpbb to download, do i go with the latest or an earlier version as more mods and styles are compatible with earlier?

Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Looking for advice on phpbb version?

Postby Ooopsie » 25 Feb 2015, 22:27

I'm not the pro here but personally, the heck with the mods at the beginning. Latest versions are normally more secure and more bells and whistles.

It's a personal preference.

Ed

Oopsie
_____
Be who you are and say what you feel.
Those who mind don't matter.
Those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

_____
And be kinder than necessary, for everyone
you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

CraftyMc

Postby CraftyMc » 25 Feb 2015, 22:45

See i was thinking that myself. I gave the latest version a wee run and I enjoyed the new features I'm just concerned that not many styles or mods are compatible yet. I also have to bridge it with a WP site and they want $40 for the 3.1.* bridge whereas previous is FREE. I don't mind paying the $40 as long as it all works and it's worth it. :)

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ooopsie » 25 Feb 2015, 22:51

Guess it's time to do some research for your sanity.

These choices are not always easy to make. I'm sure there is a way to hook it up with WP (I used to do it too) but can't recall what I used.

No doubt there is something out there that is free. Rich or Tumba may have your answer but it's always best to exhaust all other avenues.

You sound pretty bright so I'm sure you will get it fixed in no time.

Ed

CraftyMc

Postby CraftyMc » 25 Feb 2015, 23:35

Thanks mate, I'm sure i'll figure something out. I probably will just go with the latest and wait for mods to be updated. Themes I can create myself so that isn't an issue.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “phpBB 3.1.x "Ascraeus" discussion”