Reputation system having troubles

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
aster
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Reputation system having troubles

Postby aster » 26 Jul 2014, 14:55

It seems that I'm worse at this than I thought. I run a small board for a roleplaying game that I host in my hometown, and my users have been asking for a way to add an in-forum equivalent to a Like or a +1. What I found was the [url=https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2147118]reputation system[/url] created by Pico88. I installed it with AutoMOD and no errors were reported. I can get things to show up in prosilver, but in my board's native style (DarkFX) it does not show up at all.

It seems obvious that something isn't getting translated from prosilver to DarkFX, despite being based on the same style . I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to get things showing up from one to the other. A friend recommended this as a place that can get things done, so I was wondering if I can be pointed in the right direction for how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help! I included a bunch of information below; let me know if anything else is needed? :beer:

Site: http://www.souls-ne.com/forum
Style: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/darkfx/

Peralta
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Reputation system having troubles

Postby Peralta » 26 Jul 2014, 18:54

Open the install xml file from the mod in your browser and you will see all the edits that are needed...or if using automod click on the details link of the mod, scroll to the bottom of the page and apply prosilver to your style.

aster

Postby aster » 26 Jul 2014, 21:50

Peralta

Postby Peralta » 26 Jul 2014, 22:22

Send me those 4 files, you can upload them to a download server: eg zippyshare

aster

Postby aster » 26 Jul 2014, 22:31

I sent the dropbox link via PM. Thank you very much for looking into this and helping out, Peralta. You rock.

Peralta

Postby Peralta » 27 Jul 2014, 01:33

aster

Postby aster » 27 Jul 2014, 16:19

Peralta, I sent a PM to you, but I'll post my actions here for anyone else who may be dealing with the same thing.

I made backup copies of each file (changing their extension on my webhost to .bak) and replaced them with new versions of file, with the above-noted edits.

Once the new files were in place, the style was refreshed in theme, template, and imageset as instructed.

I cleared my browser cache and loaded the forum.

Nothing related to the reputation system appeared in posts on the DarkFX style, but the reputation system continued to function as intended on the prosilver style.

Peralta

Postby Peralta » 27 Jul 2014, 16:42

Hi, have you checked that the mod is activated from acp, assigned user permissions and forums, you have manually verified that rating icons appear in the imageset your style?

Please, read the instructions again to possible problems in the FAQ

aster

Postby aster » 27 Jul 2014, 16:46

Done and done; I've checked over the FAQ and followed their steps, but I'm still not seeing things show up. It's activated and functioning with prosilver, the icons and data are present for DarkFX. Still, no dice. I'm not sure what I've done wrong. :\

Peralta

Postby Peralta » 27 Jul 2014, 17:44

Hi, I'm in your forum, i sent you a PM

aster

Postby aster » 27 Jul 2014, 18:09

Gotcha. Made the change to your permissions.

aster

Postby aster » 27 Jul 2014, 20:40

I've manually re-added the images that are in the imageset--and they show up just fine in ACP, but I'm still getting

{RS_ADD_POINTS}
{RS_SUBTRACT_POINTS}

Do I need to change the file path in the Template view_body.html?

aster

Postby aster » 28 Jul 2014, 18:13

Mad, mad props to Peralta here. Peralta is a super hero.

Thank you SO MUCH for all of your time and help. My forum users love it, I love it, this is just absolutely great. Thank you!

NotSoGlorious

Postby NotSoGlorious » 23 Oct 2014, 13:46

I'm also having the same problem. Everything has been installed correctly w/o errors via AutoMod, the edits have been made but the icons aren't showing. The style for me however is different, despite them not showing on the default prosilver either. Eveything else is working, such as the Rate User, Top List and Value Counter. Just not the images to rate good and bad. Any ideas?

Peralta

Postby Peralta » 23 Oct 2014, 18:39

Provide forum link or if you prefer your default style, I will test on localhost.

Return to “Modders MOD support”