The Changing of Tides (part I)

Important messages and news, make sure to read these.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 20 Jul 2007, 14:23

By Anthony Chu

Dear phpBBModders member: friend, foe, acquaintance.

As the great oceans of the world often change in drastic and devastating ways; so does life. We all have changes in our lives which affect ourselves, our work and our passions in different ways and magnitutude sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Today brings various changes to the phpBBModders's team and administration.

There will be today 3 promotions and 1 resignation. I'm sad to declare that today, my birthday, will be the final decision for my resignation from my post as administrator and team member of the phpBBModders.net website. As one of the original founders of the website I’m sad to have to leave, after all the memories and turmoil of my residency, but as i say times change and i think it best that i step down from my post. This will make way for the future of modders as well as my own future. You will see me occasionally around, and i will also be doing some minor behind the scenes work where necessary.

I still remember how modders came about. Igor, Mike and I meeting in a group conversation on MSNM and chatting about random modding stuff when we came up with this great idea to make a modding community. Since then things have only turned from the better now with a large, young and talented community this as yet is one of my best projects that I’ve participated in. I’d like to thank Igor and Mike for well helping setup the dream :P (despite what happened after). Our recent birthday celebration was also quite nice to see happen, and I’ll still hopefully have enough time in my life to return to see the next one and participate in the "real life team celebrations" that might be undergone (:o leaked info!). I know Igor will be releasing some awesome new features for modders which will make the whole experience much more fun and bring the community together more.

However, my departure won't be sorely missed as three promotions will be awarded by who I (as my last wish :P) and Igor think deserve it. Krystal(Saeru) and LordLeBrand(Leroy) our two resident moderators who've been with us a while and secured our respect and trust will be promoted from their current moderator roles to full administrator roles. We also wish to add to the team Hidde(Ganon_master) to a moderator position and phpBBModders team member. I wish them all the best of luck and hope they can fulfill and broaden my aspirations for the site.

In regards to some of my Mods, most of them I’m letting go with exclusion to those i wish to finish personally (these are xData CPF, File Manager and User Index Page). Those using my released MODs, now and those being validated (with exclusion of those I’ve just specified), can receive support from LordLeBrand in the support topics available. Any requests for support from me (via email, pm, im ect) will be ignored, if I’m grumpy you won't get a nice reply email. MODs in Alpha and Beta stages are open for anyone to use as they please. I would appreciate a note in the source code from any bits you use as its nice common courtesy.

I think that's all there is to say. For those two lazy to read here's a summary:
- I am now the sage in the corner!
- LordLeBrand is now admin!
- Saeru is now admin!
- Ganon_master is now moderator!
- evil<3 is still king pin!

And now as the time has come for me to take my leave (and finally finish this damn announcement).

The tide has changed, I wish you all the best and will keep in touch.

>>> Your former admin,
>>> Anthony Chu. (Noobarmy)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Announcements”