phpBB Security/Cleanup

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
George
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

phpBB Security/Cleanup

Postby George » 09 Apr 2010, 16:28

Hello,

I've got a few different mods installed, some not even created for phpBB 3.0.7. It's got a bit of a mess really, I've had to change all kind of things to get other things working,templates,etc.

Anyway, Is there a tool or some easy method to find out exacley which MOD's are installed and make sure they were created for phpBB 3.0.7.

I just get worried that I could get hacked for whatever reason due to an outdated MOD.

I've got contact board administrator by RMcGirr83 & IP Logs, I'm pretty sure there the only 2 MOD's I've got installed that are ok.

Is there anyway to test for vulnrebilities?

Sorry, all the questions, just concerned.

My site is: http://www.thediscussionzone.com

Regards,
George.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: phpBB Security/Cleanup

Postby RMcGirr83 » 09 Apr 2010, 17:54

The support tool kit has a database cleaner in it if you wanted to start cleanly (you would have to upload new php files and html files). If the mods you have installed are validated mods and they installed cleanly then everything is fine. If they aren't validated mods then there may be security issues with them.

It shouldn't matter if the mod is for 3.0.4 or 3.0.7-PL1 it's just a requirement for currently submitted mods to install onto a clean, latest version phpBB forum. When the mod was released it may have been because at that time phpBB was at version x, doesn't mean that it won't install/work on version x+1.

This all assumes that the style you are using is upto date as far as phpBB versions are concerned.

Return to “General Discussion”