Screen set ups

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Luke
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Screen set ups

Postby Luke » 25 May 2012, 12:50

Hey all, just wondering how many people have multiple screens etc.
I saw a pair of screens on Gumtree (similar to Craigslist for those who haven't heard of it) for £80 and thought whynot.
It's incredibly handy, in all aspects of computer use. Some examples of what I've done today where the extra screen has massively helped:
Played CS:S on one screen, with msn open on the other. Okay if I click on msn it minimises CS:S, but at least I can see what the person is saying to me.
I manually added a mod to my forum, with Filezilla and Notepad++ open on the right, and IE8 open with the install.xml on the left, reduces cooking times by minutes :popcorn:
Designed a (non-phpBB) website for a client using Dreamweaver CS5.5, which has a built in multi-monitor function, allowing me to see live updates to the design as I type the code.

It's just so handy :rock:

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Re: Screen set ups

Postby Sniper_E » 25 May 2012, 17:30

Wouldn't you have to have a vidieo card with two vga outputs for running two monitors?
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!™

Luke

Postby Luke » 25 May 2012, 17:35

Most video cards have at least two. And my card is rather dated (NV8600GT).

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 25 May 2012, 18:36

I have all I can do to keep up with one monitor let alone two.

WaGuns

Postby WaGuns » 26 May 2012, 04:11

2? There have been times I run 4! Typically always at least dual screen though. I agree, once you use it and get use to it, it makes going back to a solo very annoying... I am annoyed as I type this on my 17" HP Laptop with a single monitor.

At least I am drinking a beer.

Prosk8er

Postby Prosk8er » 26 May 2012, 19:52

Tyler
Proud Kiss Portal user on phpBB 3.0.12 + 1.0.20 (build 311-020)

Return to “General Discussion”