writing MODs in BB3

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ewelin

writing MODs in BB3

Postby ewelin » 19 Aug 2008, 15:00

Well, I've finally got the itch to do some MODs to BB3. I've completed a couple of basic tweaks which for some reason have not been created into MODs yet. Unfortunately when I modded in BB2 it was before the time of MODX so I'm used to writing in the txt document format. Before I start writing these MODs up how does everyone create their XML MOD file? Do you just use the [url=http://www.phpbb.com/mods/modx/sample-30-120.xml]sample file from phpBB.com[/url] or do you have some other method?

Thanks in advance.
Eric

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: writing MODs in BB3

Postby igorw » 19 Aug 2008, 15:14

Hi,

I personally love the text template for MODs, so i write them as text files and then use our [url=http://phpbbmodders.net/tools/convertor/]Convertor[/url] to convert them to XML. :)

- we're poor!

ewelin

Re: writing MODs in BB3

Postby ewelin » 19 Aug 2008, 15:20

Gotcha... That's what I may just do then... I used to use textpad which had a nice plugin so you could get each code template with a simple click. I wasn't sure if there was some sort of fancy program or something that does the same but outputs xml.
Eric

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”