Hidden Smilies

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BehzadSh

Hidden Smilies

Postby BehzadSh » 03 Sep 2008, 01:09

Elglobo
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hidden Smilies

Postby Elglobo » 03 Sep 2008, 13:38

Hi BehzadSh,

Here is several tracks of reflection about your features.

1- Modify acp_icons.(php/html) to integrate your hidden_smilies field in the default script.

2- Add a new user permission to view hidden smilies.

3- Check in posting form if user has the permission to display these smilies.

Concerning the second and third point, you can begin to read this article:
http://wiki.phpbb.com/Permissions

@+ ;)
: L'hébergement et l'assistance de votre forum phpBB en toute tranquillité.

- My First forum, créer votre forum phpBB3 facilement !

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 06 Sep 2008, 21:45

- we're poor!

House

Postby House » 06 Sep 2008, 23:49

Huh.. That's cool, evil. I always wanted that feature. :geek:

Now days we just have a few hundred smilies in the pop-up box. :lol:
Women should be obscene and not heard. X)

Elglobo
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Elglobo » 07 Sep 2008, 01:02

Igor with your modification nobody view the hidden smilies.
House, is it your objective ? What is the interest to add smilies that nobody can view ?

House

Postby House » 07 Sep 2008, 01:10

Elglobo
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Elglobo » 07 Sep 2008, 18:52

I see House, but this means that user should learn by heart all hidden smilies.
I hope for you that you will not have more hidden smilies :)

House

Postby House » 07 Sep 2008, 19:01

Well, I guess you could look from an aesthetic point of view as well. A few of the smilies we use on my board are quite large compared to the average of 16by16 pixels. :)

So instead of having something like this [img]http://www.infinityhouse.org/cboard/images/smilies/borg.gif[/img] sitting in the pop-up box messing up the layout, we could make it hidden and the cool people would all know to type :assim: or :borg: to use it. ^^

So there are some practical uses to this very neat change. [img]http://www.infinityhouse.org/cboard/images/smilies/broccoli.gif[/img] [img]http://www.infinityhouse.org/cboard/images/smilies/picture.gif[/img]

Elglobo
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Elglobo » 07 Sep 2008, 21:51

No worries, I understand very well your choice and your problematic ;) But in all cases, your choice ask to your users to learn these hidden smilies by heart.

Concerning to me, I run a lot of board, and if each board asked me that, I couldn't use these smilies.

@+ ;)

BehzadSh

Postby BehzadSh » 08 Sep 2008, 09:01

GOOD NEWS :D
Done it with acp
alpha released
[url=http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1177625]Hidden smilies[/url]

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”