Interfacing with the PHPBB database

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CMCDragonkai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Interfacing with the PHPBB database

Postby CMCDragonkai » 11 Sep 2008, 00:48

As the name says it, this means the database query to login.

I know there are tuts available for that, but I just want to know something:

The file:
phpbb3\styles\prosilver\template\login_forum

Is what I think the login form is. However, my friend also found other login forms for other styles.

Are login forms different for each style? Or is there something I'm missing?

Thank you, I hope this is the right place for this post.

Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Interfacing with the PHPBB database

Postby Ganon_Master » 11 Sep 2008, 07:45

Off the top of my head, the default login form is "login_body.html". (wich would be in /styles/prosilver/template) Login forms can be different for each style, it all depends on how the style author wishes to shape it. But the key elements should be there (form keys, input fields, etc.).

You can prompt the login form in your script at any page by calling the function "login_box()". If you just want a small form on pages of your website where logging in is otptional, you can look at including login_forum, or add something to your template files that looks like it.

CMCDragonkai

Postby CMCDragonkai » 11 Sep 2008, 11:50

Ah right, and what file do you include to have the login_box() function?

And this would be accompanied with a session function(s)?

Robin Huurman

Postby Robin Huurman » 21 Sep 2008, 21:33

CMCDragonkai

Postby CMCDragonkai » 21 Sep 2008, 23:06

Ok, thanks.

CMCDragonkai

Postby CMCDragonkai » 27 Sep 2008, 05:16

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 28 Sep 2008, 16:07

- we're poor!

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 28 Sep 2008, 16:08

Now, about your problem. It's simple. Don't create login.php, use the existing ucp.php with mode=login.

- we're poor!

CMCDragonkai

Postby CMCDragonkai » 29 Sep 2008, 10:39

Yep, I found a link explaining most of it, so it's cool.

http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... =50&t=4576

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”