Noob Questions/Issues

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
azscottd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Noob Questions/Issues

Postby azscottd » 29 Jan 2009, 02:31

Folks,

I've written the script [url]http://sdudley.com/CSVImport.doc[/url] using the DBAL and existing functions (to the best of my currently limited understanding). I have written PHP before but as you can see, my knowledge has atrophied. That's what I get for having coded exclusively in Java for some years now.

The purpose of the script is to import users, topics, and posts from a tab-delimited file. I've installed XAMPP on both Windows and Linux servers here and running phpBB 3.0.4 on each. I've tested the script on both platforms and works as intended.

The problem is that I'm trying to run the script on a Windows hosting provider. Not sure but they may be running IIS instead of Apache. Two issues:

1. The embedded form posts to self (action="#") but this isn't working. I have to pass forumId as a query parm on URL. Any ideas why?
2. fgetcsv fails to read from file - fopen succeeds. I get the error Failed to read from file MSN-phpBB-import.tsv.

Sure could use some pointers folks. Any and all advice desperately needed and much appreciated.

If someone can tell me how/where to attach the code, I'll do so otherwise - you can see what I'm doing via the above-listed Word document.

Mr. Bond

Re: Noob Questions/Issues

Postby Mr. Bond » 29 Jan 2009, 04:19

• •

azscottd

Re: Noob Questions/Issues

Postby azscottd » 29 Jan 2009, 19:20

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”