mChat X-Treme style

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Messages are showing outside mchat window

Postby RMcGirr83 » 16 Mar 2014, 11:12

Post a link to the forum with the mod active for guests.

jenel01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: mChat X-Treme style

Postby jenel01 » 16 Mar 2014, 12:50

ok tx forum link: [img]http://digitalkeysat.com/forum/index.php[/img]
i send you pass en user in PM

jenel01

Postby jenel01 » 16 Mar 2014, 12:51

sory for link
[url]http://digitalkeysat.com/forum/index.php[/url]

jenel01

Postby jenel01 » 16 Mar 2014, 15:58

:beer: ok thanks
with your help, we managed....
f you have to Italy ..o you offer a beer happy

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 16 Mar 2014, 16:42

:cheers:

TheRaj

Postby TheRaj » 19 Apr 2014, 09:02

now this is really interesting, thanks for sharing with us :D

wpdtr

Postby wpdtr » 04 May 2014, 12:51

Hello.

First of all, thanks for taking the time to change mChat into the style of X-treme.

I have installed mChat with automod and it works perfectly for Prosilver and Subsilver2.

It also works for X-Treme but hard to read as it inherits colors from Subsilver2.

When i apply these above changes to the mchat_body.html, the frame changes correctly on board but from a working chat before the change i now get the "You do not have permissions" window when hitting enter on a message.

All permissions are green/enabled as it was before when it worked.

I'm completely new to phpBB so please bear with my possible lack of understanding.

Isn't the edit of mchat_body from this thread meant to replace everything in the original file or am i screwing up? Or is there some bug in the code perhaps?
Reverting to the old version of mchat_body removes the no permissions window.

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for a great chatbox :)

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 04 May 2014, 13:19

wpdtr

Postby wpdtr » 04 May 2014, 13:26

Woops. Must be in need of glasses :D Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for the link. I'll look into it when i have a few free minutes.

-blue-dragon

Postby -blue-dragon » 21 Aug 2014, 08:18

Hello, and firstly thank you for this great mod.

Unlike many of the posters here, I am not that "clued-up" on modifications or program writing. :wasntme:
Infact, I am a proper noob....

I had installed mChat with the "automod"? tool and got it working great on Subsilver, but on the Xtreme style the message box kept filling up and continued off the screen? :smoke:
I have since deleted it before finding this forum, but after reading some posts here I think its time to tackle it again.....

First off, where do I download it from?
Is there a download with the file mods already done? (I had to edit loads last time, and it takes me ages to find the lines in the code)

I am not lazy honest, but last attempt doing it kept me up for hours... :D

Thanks.
Doug.

-blue-dragon

Postby -blue-dragon » 21 Aug 2014, 13:55

Before you have the chance to call me a lazy ***** :D

I re-installed the mod today and followed the instructions found on various posts within this forum and have managed to get it working a treat.!! :beer:

For novices like me, I think it might be a good idea to have a "simple" step by step guide to installing, editing etc of the mod. (unless there already is I haven't found?) :wasntme:

The only thing that doesn't work, and I'm sure its something easy: the "mchat" button doesn't do anything.? I have the correct "style" button on my forum page but when you hover over it with the mouse it shows a "blank" graphic and doesn't do anything when pressed.
Any help would be appreciated. :shock:

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 21 Aug 2014, 15:42

What is the code you added for the button?

-blue-dragon

Postby -blue-dragon » 21 Aug 2014, 16:16

I told you I was a noob at this stuff!! :D This is my forum: http://blue-clan.com/forum/phpBB-3.0.12/phpBB3/index.php?sid=ad71d22a68022dcf1d7ea6897199747f

All I did was copy the image as it says:
You can create the mchat1.png and mchat2.png images with the .psd files included.
The style author provided images in the X-Treme/contrib/ directory.

Not sure about codes or where to place them? :wasntme:

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 21 Aug 2014, 17:36

First you need to fix the link

http://rmcgirr83.org/viewtopic.php?p=22548#p22548

read the code section

and the images probably go into the theme/buttons/images directory as stated in the post I linked to.

-blue-dragon

Postby -blue-dragon » 21 Aug 2014, 19:07

Thanks for quick response. :)

I hadn't placed the mchat2.png image into the directory, so that solved the mouse hover fault.
The button when pressed, still doesn't do anything, but then again I cant see what it should do as the "mini chat" screen is on the same page.? I guess it opens the "custom page" if activated.

Thanks again.

Return to “Modders MOD support”