Strict Standards: Non-static method utf...

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
weeds
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf...

Postby weeds » 17 Sep 2013, 12:03

Hello,
When any user logs in, this message is displayed and then disappears:
"Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfkc() should not be called statically in /misc/9/000/254/623/7/user/web/forum.soaringhammer.com/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1663"

It shows up at the very top of the forum. Users have reported seeing this with Chrome and I see it with Firefox.

This problem was not happening "before". I suspect my host has changed something (maybe an upgrade to php?) and now we are seeing this.

I think I understand what the message is saying, I could use a little leg up on what to do about it. At the present time, my host isn't letting me log in, so I thought I'd lay some groundwork by asking around.

I have seen this posted as a "fix"

go to your /includes folder and open up the startup.php
On line ~22 change the line
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED);
to
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);

But this doesn't really fix the problem, it just stops reporting the problem. (I'm guessing it isn't a critical issue and not reporting is good enough.)

Before I go that route, I thought I'd solicit the advice of those with real knowledge of php and PHPBB3

Any ideas on what is causing this or how to fix it?

Thank you all,
Jeff

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Strict Standards: Non-static method utf...

Postby RMcGirr83 » 17 Sep 2013, 12:18

It is because your host is now using PHP 5.4 instead of PHP 5.3 but as far as I remember that was fixed in 3.0.11.

https://github.com/p/phpbb3/commit/5efd ... e4937f4fd2

weeds

Postby weeds » 17 Sep 2013, 12:37

Thanks!
Board says it is 3.0.11 :-/

I'm thinking it's really cosmetic and I can turn off the reporting once I get back on the server.

I missed your link. Seems like disabling the reporting is good enough.

Jeff

weeds

Postby weeds » 24 Sep 2013, 13:50

OK,
Got access to my host and it seems we don't have a startup.php in our includes directory.
I can't search for a file across all directories. Any advice on where to look?

Jeff

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 24 Sep 2013, 15:24

If you didn't have startup in the includes folder your forum wouldn't work as it is a required file within common.php which is called on every page.

weeds

Postby weeds » 24 Sep 2013, 15:59

I was afraid you would say that. I am looking at root/includes. There are files in there like bbcode.php, functions.php, a bunch of functions_....php. But no file called startup.php. And at the end of functions...

functions_user.php php 95.7 KB
index.htm htm 169 Bytes
message_parser.php php 49.9 KB
mod_parser.php php 24.5 KB
session.php php 73.7 KB
template.php php 18.4 KB

So... I must be looking in the wrong spot.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 24 Sep 2013, 23:50

What does it say within common.php.

weeds

Postby weeds » 25 Sep 2013, 12:22

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 26 Sep 2013, 10:41

We are talking about startup.php aren't we?

weeds

Postby weeds » 26 Sep 2013, 14:52

Nope, that code is in common.php. That's where I changed it and now the error messages are gone. I never found a file called startup.php.

regazer

Postby regazer » 26 Sep 2013, 16:04

He, guys I found that includes/startup.php within my installations of phpBB 3.0.11 and the code is in that file. If it isn't so and there is no such file, then someone must have deleted it and included the code into common.php ?
I don't support phpBB any longer. So I'm gone here too.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 26 Sep 2013, 16:44

Regazer, probably...not sure why one would do that but would explain why every other phpBB forum has startup in the includes folder with the exception of weeds.

Prosk8er

Postby Prosk8er » 26 Sep 2013, 17:32

weeds when you origionally installed phpbb did you use something provided by your host to install it or did you download phpbb and install it?

cause all my copy's of phpbb have startup.php
Tyler
Proud Kiss Portal user on phpBB 3.0.12 + 1.0.20 (build 311-020)

weeds

Postby weeds » 26 Sep 2013, 17:54

Hmmm,
I didn't do the initial install nor did I do the upgrade but, the guy who did (the owner) is not a developer. (He's very good at following instructions - military.) I have been the admin since day 2, installed mchat and the questions captcha (thanks to the advice of users here) and I certainly didn't move that code.
As you no doubt can tell from this topic, I haven't delved very much into php let alone phpBB3. I am a developer and I can usually dope it out, but I'm not a php guy.
It is a mystery to me and now I am a bit worried about future upgrades.

I sent a PM to the owner to see if he knows anything.

Thanks to everyone for jumping in on this.

What else is in startup.php?

Jeff

Prosk8er

Postby Prosk8er » 26 Sep 2013, 19:05

if he used a installer provided by the host then this is maybe why your missing things you can read all about that on phpbb theres numerous posts about it

if you download phpbb and go into the /includes/ you'll see the startup.php and can see what in it
Tyler
Proud Kiss Portal user on phpBB 3.0.12 + 1.0.20 (build 311-020)

Return to “Modders MOD support”