Mchat - My forum is dead.

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
durex
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mchat - My forum is dead.

Postby durex » 15 Jan 2014, 03:09

Hello guys,

I come here in the hope that i can get this resolved.
I put mChat onto my forum via FTP and went to http://www.tatclan.co.uk/forum/mchat_install.php and ran through the install, after i did that i lost access to my Admin Control Panel, i then realised it was much worse when i tried to load the home page and got the following.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'chris_phpb995.MCHAT_SESSIONS_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

DELETE FROM MCHAT_SESSIONS_TABLE WHERE user_lastupdate < 1389754597

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 193
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_mchat.php
LINE: 107
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/mchat.php
LINE: 949
CALL: mchat_users()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/hooks/hook_mchat.php
LINE: 65
CALL: include('[ROOT]/mchat.php')

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: hook_mchat()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/hooks/index.php
LINE: 141
CALL: call_user_func_array()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/template.php
LINE: 208
CALL: phpbb_hook->call_hook()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions.php
LINE: 4873
CALL: template->display()

FILE: [ROOT]/index.php
LINE: 145

Is there anyway i can revert back on this and remove it completely or can someone point me in the direction to resolve the issue.

I understand that people advise that the constants.php needs edited and it has been with the following addition added. :
// Additional tables
// BEGIN mChat Mod
define('MCHAT_TABLE', $table_prefix . 'mchat');
define('MCHAT_CONFIG_TABLE', $table_prefix . 'mchat_config');
// END mChat Mod

I'm getting extremely worried now that it may have killed my board as i do not have a back up. I will advise that I'm an advanced user but not extremely advanced to the stage of digging into phpmyadmin etc (i can get there if required in order to make changes)

could someone please point me in the right direction, i have spent hours googling how to resolve this.

Cheers,
Dx

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Re: Mchat - My forum is dead.

Postby steve » 15 Jan 2014, 08:47

Undo the edits via ftp ,clear every thing in your cache folder except the .htaccess file and index.htm file...
Steve ©

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 15 Jan 2014, 11:35

durex

Postby durex » 15 Jan 2014, 20:45

I managed to gain access to the acp through a previous tab I had open. I did run mchat_install.php !
The forum didnt function until I went into .Mod option is acp and turned mchat off. I was then able to run mchat_install.php and uninstall

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 15 Jan 2014, 21:26

Run the installer ,then do the edits or use automod ,I've not tested version 1.3.7 of mchat but pressume the hook file cached before the installer had finished doing its job ...
//edit
which is not possible the hook file want execute any code if there is no mchat_version in the config table...
Steve ©

neuropass

Postby neuropass » 15 Jan 2014, 21:33

Off topic. Steve aint running windows 95 lol . The mod needs an update :popcorn:

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 16 Jan 2014, 08:56

Steve ©

Return to “Modders MOD support”