Email Notifications of Reported Posts

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
peteetongman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Email Notifications of Reported Posts

Postby peteetongman » 11 Feb 2014, 00:58

Are there any mods available for 3.0.12 that will email Admin and/or Mods when a post or PM is reported? i like to react swiftly to reported posts and I'd like an email in case I've stepped away from the computer. I've searched and have seen at least one attempt, but obviously I need something current.

Thanks very very much

Leinad4Mind

Re: Email Notifications of Reported Posts

Postby Leinad4Mind » 11 Feb 2014, 15:48

I know almost all MODs, never heard neither seen nothing like this.
Just a few attempts in the long past as you have refer.

But I think its not that difficult to do a MOD of it. But it requires a lot of free time, maybe ~16h of work, maybe less, maybe more. Assuming you want a automod installation, could be a lot more. It requires time to do the xml and to test the MOD properly.

You just need to find someone able to do it for a fair price.

Check the phpBB Services page of RMcGirr83. :beer:

peteetongman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby peteetongman » 11 Feb 2014, 17:02

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 11 Feb 2014, 18:35

And these mods did they select admins and moderators check permissions to what auth level they had ,because its a huge query to run ,any example mods to look at?
Steve ©

peteetongman

Postby peteetongman » 11 Feb 2014, 18:49

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 11 Feb 2014, 19:04

Yeah well you shouldn't install abandoned mods (or mods in development for that matter) on a live forum. That's "phpBB and you 101". Saying that I did write up a mod that displays if posts/topics/pms are reported which is validated and in use on quite a few forums BUT it does not send out an email or anything. It will display a notice on every page there is a moderator control panel link though

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... or_needed/

and yes, it installs just fine on 3.0.12 ;)

peteetongman

Postby peteetongman » 11 Feb 2014, 19:13

oh gosh no I would never attempt to install an abandoned mod. I have enough problems without inviting more LOL.

thanks a lot I'll have a look at the mod you mentioned. as a sidenote, as i was sitting here I just got an email about a reported post from my other forum . On that forum you can toggle PM/Email/Both notifications for the following events:

when someone likes your content
when someone quotes you
when someone tags you
when someone follows you
when someone becomes your friend
when a new registration is pending approval
when a new member joins the forum
when a member requests to join a group you lead
when a member joins a group you lead
when you are added to a group
when you unlock an achievement
when a bookmark is updated
when a thread you have participated in is updated*
when you receive a Personal Message
when there are reported posts

Now, I find most of those to be overkill, but I do really like getting notifications re reported posts.

thanks very very much

Leinad4Mind

Postby Leinad4Mind » 11 Feb 2014, 20:43

peteetongman

Postby peteetongman » 11 Feb 2014, 22:42

thanks Leinad, that second link from the top looks intriguing, although it needs tweaking to work with 3.0.12.

If you could toggle everything off except the 'reported posts', that would be exactly what I need

Cheers

Leinad4Mind

Postby Leinad4Mind » 12 Feb 2014, 08:31

In fact, just 3 tweaks:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... s-t_110965
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &start=105 + 3rd message of that thread

And if it works with 3.0.11, I think it could work perfectly with 3.0.12

Btw you have here the mod updated (with all fixes): https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p12740835

Just test in Local or on a test board.

Cheers

peteetongman

Postby peteetongman » 12 Feb 2014, 14:56

Thanks very much Leinad. You are a good man :beer:

peteetongman

Postby peteetongman » 12 Feb 2014, 20:44

I started making my adds but stopped when I got to the "delete_posts('post_id', $post_disapprove_sql);" find in includes/mcp/mcp_queue.php

i undid all of the adds the best I could but I have one error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'return' (T_RETURN) in /home/content/61/11294661/html/includes/functions_posting.php on line 2634

here is what it looks like. can anybody tell me what needs fixed? i know I'm not displaying the screen shot properly but if you tell me how to do it I will. thanks

$url = (!$params) ? "{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx" : "{$phpbb_root_path}viewtopic.$phpEx";
$url = append_sid($url, 'f=' . $data['forum_id'] . $params) . $add_anchor

return $url;
}

/**
* Handle topic bumping

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 12 Feb 2014, 20:53

$url = (!$params) ? "{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx" : "{$phpbb_root_path}viewtopic.$phpEx";
$url = append_sid($url, 'f=' . $data['forum_id'] . $params) . $add_anchor;
return $url;
}

/**
* Handle topic bumping
Steve ©

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 12 Feb 2014, 20:54

Double post: end var was not closed with; ,stupid google fb shite in mobile style
Steve ©

peteetongman

Postby peteetongman » 12 Feb 2014, 21:09

Looks like you fixed me Steve. Thanks very very much.

You have probably surmised by now I'm kind-of new to this

I think i'll wait for the movie to come out on this mod ;)

Return to “Modders MOD support”