Sorry, the Mini-Chat is currently unavailable

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
seadog
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sorry, the Mini-Chat is currently unavailable

Postby seadog » 31 Mar 2014, 05:22

I just installed mChat on PHPBB3 version 3.0.12.

I am using the DarkIcy style. I have modified the CSS and changed the placement of the chat window.

The chat works fine on the master forum index page (index.php). However on sub forum lists (viewforum.php) I get "Sorry, the Mini-Chat is currently unavailable" and this is with the administrator account that has site wide full permissions. Judging by the results from the Google search this is quite a common issue but I cannot find anything on this forum that helps. Before I proceed with putting the chat on the rest of the site I need to get this fixed.

I don't see any other chat mods I can use in place of mChat so I'm really stuck with the only alternative of buying a license for UBB.Threads which has a nice chat feature.

Thanks.

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Re: Sorry, the Mini-Chat is currently unavailable

Postby steve » 31 Mar 2014, 07:26

Steve ©

seadog

Postby seadog » 31 Mar 2014, 17:40

I followed the instructions at viewtopic.php?f=61&t=3968 and all that did was disable the chat on the entire site. Could it be due to the line "$set_forum_id = (int) 233;"? If so what is the ID and where do I find it?

What am I doing wrong? I've been spinning my wheels now for two days and the boss is on my a.. to get this done. Why does this have to be so difficult?

seadog

Postby seadog » 31 Mar 2014, 18:11

So, on the hook_mchat.php script I commented the if statement so that these lines would be active regardless:
define('MCHAT_INCLUDE', true);
$mchat_include_index = true;
include($phpbb_root_path . 'mchat.' . $phpEx);

mChat still only works on index.php but not on viewforum.php. And I need it on other php pages as well. Not sure what else I can try. Looks like phpBB isn't going to work for me if a chatting feature can't be successfully implemented. Seems like a serious "feature" to me only to be able to have it on the index.php page.

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 31 Mar 2014, 19:28

The statement will need reworked but im not on my pc, and i presume your not bothered about the sql querys added to the pages?
Steve ©

seadog

Postby seadog » 31 Mar 2014, 19:33

Hi Steve. Thanks for communicating. No, SQL queries don't bother me. I don't mind tearing into the code to make the changes either. Just need something that will work. I genuinely appreciate the help.

-- Bob

seadog

Postby seadog » 01 Apr 2014, 14:23

I developed a workaround that is working for me. In place of the chat code I placed an IFRAME to a reworked version of mChat.php. I copied all the related mChat.php files so that I could rework the styles and sizes placing the chat in the upper left corner with static height and width. I modified the various pages where I want the chat window so that it appears to the right of the main body of the page. I'm using this on a slightly customized version of the DarkIcy style.
Last edited by seadog on 13 Jan 2015, 00:06, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: link to website removed

Return to “Modders MOD support”