Fresh installed mchat does't work

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mentalboy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fresh installed mchat does't work

Postby mentalboy » 15 Apr 2014, 12:08

Hello everyone.I need your help.
I just set this mod, and it doesn't work. What button I won't press in a chat window the text of the message it isn't added and the sound isn't play.
Can do it because of the conflict to the mod of super quick reply?
Version of mchat - 1.3.8
phpBB Version - 3.0.12
[img]http://s28.postimg.org/462uawknt/mchat.jpg[/img]
P.S.
Sorry for my bad English.

Pond Life

Re: Fresh installed mchat does't work

Postby Pond Life » 15 Apr 2014, 17:18

Check your overall_header.html, have you got more than one jquery being loaded?

domainkey

Postby domainkey » 19 Jul 2014, 16:27

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Postby Sniper_E » 19 Jul 2014, 16:59

The <link to the mchat.css does not load in the overall_header. That should be removed and loaded in your style's theme/stylesheet.css
And try loading the mchat scripts in the overall_header just Before the </head> code. See if it makes a difference.
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!™

domainkey

Postby domainkey » 19 Jul 2014, 19:22

domainkey

Postby domainkey » 19 Jul 2014, 19:30

You probably can't see that link but it said

After install mchat on art_mobile style

open
root/styles/art_mobile/template/overall_header.html
Find
<!-- IF S_MCHAT_ENABLE and (S_MCHAT_ON_INDEX or U_MCHAT) -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}mchat/jquery-1.5.0.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}mchat/jquery_cookie_mini.js"></script>
<!-- ENDIF -->
Replace with
<!-- IF S_MCHAT_ENABLE and (S_MCHAT_ON_INDEX or U_MCHAT) -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}mchat/jquery-1.5.0.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}mchat/jquery_cookie_mini.js"></script>
<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/mchat.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<!-- ENDIF -->
and later on replace files on
root/styles/art_mobile/template/

with attached zip
Attachments
art_mobile_mChat_template.zip
art_mobile_mChat_SPANISH
(6.93 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Postby Sniper_E » 19 Jul 2014, 21:06

domainkey

Postby domainkey » 19 Jul 2014, 21:17

those three line are just before the </head> code as you've suggested earlier :(

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Postby Sniper_E » 19 Jul 2014, 23:16

domainkey

Postby domainkey » 20 Jul 2014, 01:55

Ohhh, you're talking about my prosilver file you're absolutely right! I was talking about my art_mobile one. I'll change that and I'll update this later on

Thanks Ed!

domainkey

Postby domainkey » 20 Jul 2014, 20:06

Hi Ed

I've moved those rows on Prosilver and even on subsilver2 as you've suggested right before the </head> closing tag but I'm still unable to send any message on Art_mobile style I know you've told me you run out ideas what might be, but again many thanks :thumbup: and to those reading the post any idea why this is happening :( ?

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Postby Sniper_E » 21 Jul 2014, 00:42

Yes I see where you tried that and it still doesn't work. The java still doesn't seem to be loading, it want scroll down to the last post when refreshing.
Maybe you do have a conflict with another mod's .js file. Play with it, take one of the others out and refresh your templates. Check it out.
Experiment with it, process of elimination you can figure out what it takes to get your chat working.
Or is it conflicting with another .js file or is the mchat.js files not loading.
Don't be afraid of taking codes out of a template to try at troubleshooting, you can always put code back in.

Here is the topic you need to be asking help on your art_mobile style: http://rmcgirr83.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=2593

Return to “Modders MOD support”