How do I get a new forum installation?

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Dan

How do I get a new forum installation?

Postby Dan » 05 Oct 2009, 16:18

Hey, I asked about this on phpbb.com but they didn't explain right because I did what they said but it didn't work.

What I would like is a brand new forum FTP. So I get a brand new board but keep all my users and posts etc...

How can I do this? Thank you for your time.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How do I get a new forum installation?

Postby RMcGirr83 » 05 Oct 2009, 19:10

What is the name of the new and the old forum? eg, http://www.rmcgirr83.org to http://www.rmcgirr83.net?

I am assuming by saying forum FTP you mean a new directory but retain the posts, users, attachments, etc.?

Dan

Postby Dan » 05 Oct 2009, 19:24

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby RMcGirr83 » 06 Oct 2009, 00:28

Dan

Postby Dan » 06 Oct 2009, 15:33

That was 10 times better explained then on phpbb.com! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ok so basically I get the upload part however when I go into my site:

djforums.info/phpbb/install/database_update.php

I should not have the FILES, IMAGES and CONFIG FILE in the FTP root right? SO those are not there or do I have my old
ones in there?

Thank you so much! :D

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 06 Oct 2009, 15:48

Dan

Postby Dan » 06 Oct 2009, 16:24

Right so I leave my current files and images and config.php file and folders in with the new installation and remove the
newly downloaded ones?

Then go to my site link I provided above yes? :thumbup:

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 06 Oct 2009, 16:41

Dan

Postby Dan » 06 Oct 2009, 17:17

Ok thank you :thumbup:

I'll post back with an 'update'. I hope this works for me :) So just to clear up, I add in the config/files and images folders/file
from my BACKUP of the forum and remove the config/files/images folders/file that came with the newly downloaded package?

Well I'll have a go :)

Dan

Postby Dan » 06 Oct 2009, 18:19

Hey again, sorry I was waiting for a reply then I realised I said I post an update.

I've tried and it came up with a page and it says the database update was successful but then I went to my forum
and it said that it is missing the templates from the style I had before I attempted to update... :worried:

Can you list every single thing (just folders and root .PHP files) I need have in the forums root directory please? :)

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 07 Oct 2009, 10:40

See attached

phpbb_root.jpg

Except the install folder.

Dan

Postby Dan » 07 Oct 2009, 15:12

Ok so I don't have the install folder in there, and I don't have my current config file, just a plain one
and are the files and images folders mine or are they just the new empty ones? Thanks :)

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 07 Oct 2009, 16:08

Dan

Postby Dan » 07 Oct 2009, 16:15

Ok right I have uploaded everything to the forums root and everything inside the /phpbb/ root is from a fresh download
apart from the config file, images folder and the files folder.

So do I delete the install folder or not? And thanks for all this help, I'm really not that smart :(

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 07 Oct 2009, 16:39

Did you already run the database_update.php file from within the install folder? If so yes you can delete it, if not, run that file then delete the install directory after it says it was successful.

Return to “Modders MOD support”