Annoying f in reply.

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
J-DOG
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Annoying f in reply.

Postby J-DOG » 10 Jan 2010, 16:52

Hi i dont know where to look, it looks like i might have pressed the f key when editing a file.

I want to know where this letter would be, so i can remove it. PS i have the "Prime Quick Reply" mod installed. Ive attached a pic so you can see what i mean, hope you can help.
Attachments
error.gif
"f" error

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Annoying f in reply.

Postby RMcGirr83 » 10 Jan 2010, 17:20

It would be in the quick reply html file that comes with that mod.

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 10 Jan 2010, 17:40

Im looking in there but can seem to find the "f"

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 10 Jan 2010, 18:37

Link to forum please.

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 10 Jan 2010, 19:42

ive sent you a pm with my url

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 10 Jan 2010, 20:02

Ive just added my prime_quick_reply.html from my theme, hope this helps
Attachments
prime_quick_reply.zip
The html file from my theme
(2.74 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 10 Jan 2010, 20:13

I can find nothing different between your file and the subsilver2 template file from the mod download in the [url=http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=731115]RC Mod Topic[/url] other than edits for the captcha for 3.0.6.

If your board is 3.0.6, try uploading the subsilver2 template file from the topic, uploading it into your styles template folder and refreshing the cache in the ACP to regenerate the file. Please make a backup of your current file first though just in case.

PS I got the file for your template from your forum. ;)

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 10 Jan 2010, 20:54

hi its not 3.0.6 is v5

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 11 Jan 2010, 14:40

I would recommend that you update to 3.0.6 but I have looked and can not find a reason as to why the f is displayed. You may want to try and regenerate the styles template in the ACP to clear the cache but I would think that you may have done that already.

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 11 Jan 2010, 15:38

When i click "refresh template" i get this "This theme is stored on the filesystem so there is no need to refresh it."

and i have cleared the cache. Im going to update to 3.0.6 soon. but i have done that many edits i cant really be bothered doing them again right now. lol. And knowing my luck there be some more little patches to apply later on as its on just been released

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 11 Jan 2010, 16:39

^ i take that back now. im bored so im going to start work on the 3.0.6 I presume its got alot of core file changes so it would be best to re-do all the mods rather than patch the 3.0.5 to 3.0.6

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 11 Jan 2010, 16:43

Back up all your forum files and database onto your desktop and try the "Automatic" method first. You may be pleasantly surprised.

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 11 Jan 2010, 16:57

wont the changes delete the core files that i have modded tho?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 11 Jan 2010, 17:06

No it will do it's best to merge any differences first and will give conflict reports if it can't. It will not update your style for you if your style is not prosilver or subsilver2....but it should cut down quite a bit on the number of files you will have to edit manually.

FWIW, I always use the automatic method then use winmerge to compare the html files and make any changes as necessary. Saves a whole bunch of time...but if you're bored you may not be looking to save time anyway. ;)

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 14 Jan 2010, 11:33

Hi mate, im currently updating my core phpbb to v 3.0.6. Now im doing a fresh install however im wanting to merge my database, have all my old posts and users. However if i cant get that ill settle for just transfering my users. Because i did alot of core edits i didnt want to update that version just incase i missed something, so i started a fresh. Is it posibile to merge the members etc or did they do some table updates too?

Return to “Modders MOD support”