Annoying f in reply.

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Annoying f in reply.

Postby RMcGirr83 » 14 Jan 2010, 11:40

In the download of a fresh phpBB, there is a file called database_update.php which will update your database for you. You can find the file within the install directory. Basically upload the install directory and browse to that file in your browser, eg

http://somesite.com/install/database_update.php

Make a backup of your database prior to do this just to be safe.

You can then connect to the database using the new files by editing the entries in the config.php file of the fresh install.

J-DOG
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby J-DOG » 14 Jan 2010, 11:49

Nice one mate, Ill give it a try now.

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 14 Jan 2010, 12:43

Its all uploading now mate. I updated my old database then deleted some old sql entries i no longer needed. So hope this is going to work. I have another question. I would like to have the same chat sytem you have on here, like a little shoutbox (i dont want chat module too) i download a package and it also had a chatroom which i dont want, just the shoutbox. I was wondering what shoutbox you use and if it can be intergrated into the board3portal rather than the main phpbb forum

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 14 Jan 2010, 13:26

It's from here

http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewforum.php?f=54

and I am a co-author. The mod is also [url=http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1870815]Validated at phpBB.com[/url] and is very easy to install. I would recommend getting your board working 100% prior to adding any modifications first though.

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 14 Jan 2010, 14:08

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 14 Jan 2010, 14:18

Before you tinker around with the database manually, try removing/deleting the module via the ACP first.

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 14 Jan 2010, 14:42

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 14 Jan 2010, 15:21

A picture is worth 1,000 words

acp_module_management.jpg

Is there a "ACP_PROFILE_FRIENDS"? If so try deleting it.

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 14 Jan 2010, 15:32

Spot on, i wouldnt have know that. Worked a treat

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 14 Jan 2010, 15:44

Another question (haha) i have a subsilver2 based template i belive and i cant seem to get it to stretch. whats the easiest way? im looking in the theme/ sylesheet.css right now

Ive added my stylesheet, basically its currently the same length as this site but i need it wider, not 100 but about 85 or something. Its just that the portal pushes it out. you can view my site if you need to, let me know if you do coz i will have to enable the site again
Attachments
My Stylesheet.zip
style that needs to be wider
(2.83 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 14 Jan 2010, 16:42

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 14 Jan 2010, 17:11

I check the file and kinda found the code, changed it 1000px and it did move however theres alot of gaps, i belive the image isnt stretching or something, All i need is this width sorted because my portal page is all messed up. If you could have a look at it that would be great. PS link send to pm ;)

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 14 Jan 2010, 17:15

J-DOG

Postby J-DOG » 14 Jan 2010, 17:25

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 14 Jan 2010, 17:30

I am using the stylesheet you uploaded. The first edit I asked you to do was not for wrapcentre it was for wrapper.

You have to change most of the width declarations (the ones with the px at the end of the number) within the css file...you can't change just one.

Really getting your moneys worth today eh?

Return to “Modders MOD support”