Points system for moderators

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sat01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Points system for moderators

Postby Sat01 » 17 Mar 2010, 16:46

Hey Rich,

Today i propose you a MOD which I think it would be useful for Administrators and Moderators.

Users often break the rules but it's difficult to remember all their violations, so a warning or a ban may be excessive or not considered by moderators. The notes system is a bit too complex to record simple violations (such as spelling mistakes or off-topic), it isn't much practical use and notes are relating to users and not to their posts.

I thought about a points system... These points could be given only by moderators via some new buttons in viewtopic and new settings in ACP.

For example: major violations committed by users are:

- Spam
- Off Topic
- Off Forum
- Flame
- Trolling
- Warez
- Spelling mistakes

In ACP, admin may set the number of points for each infraction and the number of points needed to be banned (or warned).

For example, if the value of the "spam " is 100 points, the value of the “off topic” is 50 points, and the number of points to be banned is 1000, when an user receives by moderators 10 clicks on spam button or 10 clicks on off topic button and 5 clicks on spam button, he will be banned (or warned). But, each button should not be clicked more than once; if moderator A click on spam button for that post, moderator B cannot click same button for that same post.

Anyway, the automatic or ban function, isn’t very important for me, because I just need to monitor users.

Would be useful to create a page (visible only to moderators) that lists all users with the accumulated points.

I used photoshop to make some screens to show better what I mean:

ACP module:
mod_point_acp.png

Viewtopic:
mod_point_viewtopic.png

List of points:
mod_point_list.png

Private message:
(In the next post)

I know that this MOD is not very easy to develop, but when I’ve an idea I prefer to post it here, so you can consider it, if and when you’ll have time. I don't expect anything! :)

Sat01

Re: Points system for moderators

Postby Sat01 » 17 Mar 2010, 16:47

Private message:
mod_point_pm.png

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 17 Mar 2010, 16:57

Sat01

Postby Sat01 » 17 Mar 2010, 17:05

I like your answer! It means there's hope!!! :D

Return to “Modders MOD support”