mchat table phpbb_forummchat_config

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
willum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

mchat table phpbb_forummchat_config

Postby willum » 15 May 2010, 12:32

Hi all,
I tried to install mchat on a forum(I have installed it before).
I made all changes etcetera in the files. I use a style called Reds (Prosilver based). The only difference is that the template folder isn't available. I have to use the one of the prosilver (Reds uses this location). But so far, so good.

No I run mchat_install.php and I get an error, the table phpbb_forummchat is created in first hand, but then it gives an error trying to add data to phpbb_forummchat_config (does not exist).
No I went to my phpMyAdmin and indeed, the complete table phpbb_forumchat doesn't excist.

So what to do now? I ran the mchat_install.php several times (install, deinstall, install), but still no luck.
What SQL query should I run?

Thanks in advance.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: mchat table phpbb_forummchat_config

Postby RMcGirr83 » 15 May 2010, 17:57

the mod installs two tables, the mchat table and the mchat_config table.

Do you get any errors when running the installer? If not then I think you may have a setup problem with your forum.

willum

Postby willum » 15 May 2010, 19:26

I do get an error when running the installer. That the mchat_config table isn't created and the content can't be placed in it (because it's not created).

So what SQL do I need to run (in phpMyAdmin) to create this table manually. Then I can run it again and the content will be inserted.
See the errors below

Bezig met het toevoegen van de nieuwe tabel: phpbb_forummchat_config
SQL ERROR Table 'phpbb_forummchat_config' already exists

Bezig met het toevoegen van de nieuwe tabel: phpbb_forummchat (added new table)
Succes

Bezig met het toevoegen van data in de phpbb_forummchat_config tabel. (insert data in table)
FOUT: De tabel phpbb_forummchat_config bestaat niet. (fails, phpbb_forumchat_config doesn't exist)

willum

Postby willum » 15 May 2010, 19:40

hmm let me rephrase that.
I've searched throug my phpMyAdmin again.
I did find the mchat_config and mchat table. But in both is nothing in.
So the data the installer-script was trying to add, isn't placed in these tables.
Is there a way to manually insert this data in this table?
When I go to the backend of my forum and look under mods, the mod is visible, but everything is empty.
On my forum the chat is also visible, only it isn't displayed in real (the area is visible, but nothing is displayed in it except { MCHAT_TITLE} and { MCHAT_ENABLE } )

So what SQL script should I run in my phpMyAdmin to manually add the content in this table?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 15 May 2010, 20:10

The installer adds the required information and the {MCHAT_TITLE}, etc is due to missing lang entries, as in you didn't upload the lang file that comes with the mod into your language directory on the server.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 16 May 2010, 02:13

Also, please ensure you are using the latest version of UMIL. If you aren't the installer will state that you should update it, which you should and by updating it should fix the problem with getting the mod installed.

willum

Postby willum » 16 May 2010, 07:55

I do have the latest Umil version (I don't get any notice also)
The installer creates the tables, but then when it is trying to insert the data into the config table, it suddenly says it doesn't exists. While when I look in phpMyAdmin, I definately see the tables. The complete name of the table is phpbb_forummchat_config (my prefix is phpbb_forum ) and this table is created and the installer says it's looking for phpbb_forummchat_config (no difference between the name it says it doesn't excist and the real name in the database)

So if you could provide me the sql that I should run in phpMyAdmin to 'manually' fill this table, it would be of great help.

About the language thing, I did upload all files. I believe it has to do with the fact that the install is not completed yet.

willum

Postby willum » 16 May 2010, 09:42

willum

Postby willum » 16 May 2010, 10:07

about the layout. The template Reds uses the standard Prosilver template. You must have the Prosilver template installed. Because the mchat_body.html file needs to be uploaded in the template folder. Reds doesn't have a template folder for it own, but uses the Prosilver template folder. So uploading the mchat_body.html file there, causes that the mchat_body.html file isn't correct in its content. At least, that's what I'm able to think of.

The content in the mchat_body.html needs to reffer to another template (reds) instead of the Prosilver template. So I think I will use another template which has it's own template folder.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 16 May 2010, 11:53

The location of the html file doesn't matter. Prosilver_se also uses template inherits and the mChat mod works fine, in there as well.

Concerning missing content, nothing is displayed (only "No messages") until something is inputted by someone into the chat.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 16 May 2010, 12:02

FWIW, I just installed the mod onto a brand new forum and can not reproduce any of the issues you are having. As I originally stated I believe there may be a problem with the way your forum is setup.

willum

Postby willum » 16 May 2010, 12:32

I just installed the mChat on a brand new forum to (no modifications) and did all the edits etc again. But here exact the same problem. 1.2.17 is the latest version isn't it? Both is on the newest phpBB board (3.0.7-PL1)

This time it's a getaway_green template (subsilver2 based). I only installed this template and Dutch language-pack and further no modifications to this board.
Perhaps you can provide me the location were the version you just tried is downloadable. ?

I have it on another board where it works correct, but this board needs to be updated to the newest phpBB version.

willum

Postby willum » 16 May 2010, 12:44

The newest is working, except that I need the database login to manually insert the rows in the table. Now all fields in the ACP are empty and filling them in and saving doesn't do anything (while the rows aren't available in the table).

So this second one is going to work.

But the first one still not. I think I'm going to redo everything again and then we'll see.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 16 May 2010, 12:53

willum

Postby willum » 16 May 2010, 12:58

Quick question, do you have a solution to display the mchat on each page?
I had this one with older ones:
/* ============= mChat Start ============= */
if(!defined('MCHAT_INCLUDE'))
{
define('MCHAT_INCLUDE', true);
$mchat_include_index = true;
include($phpbb_root_path.'mchat.'.$phpEx);
}
/* ============== mChat End ============== */
and had to place that on viewtopic and viewforum above page_footer(), but seems this doesn't work anymore?

Return to “Modders MOD support”