Chat & Xbox Leaderboard

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
oHalfPastDeado
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Chat & Xbox Leaderboard

Postby oHalfPastDeado » 27 Jun 2010, 16:13

I am dont know how to make those. as its my first time use PHPbb.. i got automod on my host. but it give me information guide. as i dont know to how do it. also xbox leaderboard wont work to install..

p.s i am deaf. sorry about my english.

cheer james

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Chat & Xbox Leaderboard

Postby RMcGirr83 » 27 Jun 2010, 17:49

Maybe these two links will help

[url=http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/how-to-install-a-modx-modification/]Knowledge Base - How to install a MODX Modification[/url]

[url=http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/how-to-install-mods/]Knowledge Base - How to Install MODs[/url]

..and to get automod installed you just have to download it and then upload what is found in the root directory of the download into your forums root directory keeping the directory structure the same. Then browse to the install directory on your forum (eg http://mysite.com/forum/install) and run the installer for automod.

oHalfPastDeado

Postby oHalfPastDeado » 27 Jun 2010, 17:51

As now i got problem with = language/en/mods/mchat_lang.php i been look around other topic about edit common.php. i am got no idea how to edit those. i am stuck.. i dont know what to do with common.php.

thanks

oHalfPastDeado

Postby oHalfPastDeado » 27 Jun 2010, 18:09

Yes i did install automod. So i been http://mysite.com/forum/install so then i got error

You have removed the copyright from the mChat mod. Please restore the entry for the copyright by editing language/en/mods/mchat_lang.php. Until you do so, both this mod and your forum will not work unless you uninstall mChat.

So i been look on other topic about editing common.php. i am dont know what to do on it.. i am still dont understand how make work. pls help me

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 28 Jun 2010, 00:49

oHalfPastDeado

Postby oHalfPastDeado » 28 Jun 2010, 10:27

I will try that in soon.

also i been install leaderboard its work well, but i got {Xbox_Leaderboard} on main page. so how make look like Leaderboard.

Cheer

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 28 Jun 2010, 10:37

You didn't make the edit to your language as the mod has you do for en/common.php.

oHalfPastDeado

Postby oHalfPastDeado » 28 Jun 2010, 10:42

Sorry what u mean? as it my first time use Phpbb... my language is english.

would u tell me how to sort {Xbox_Leaderboard} to Xbox Leaderboard

Right now my webhost is under maintenance, i have to wait till they done then i able to edit

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 28 Jun 2010, 10:54

Are you using language/en or language/en_us?

They are different and if possible please post up a link to your forum when it comes back on line.

oHalfPastDeado

Postby oHalfPastDeado » 28 Jun 2010, 16:25

My webhost has back online.. it been long time.. so i been try those as it has work but its wont work on my themeplate... on green one.. but it display on prosliver. and still got {Mchat_Copyright} and {Xbox_leaderboard}

my website is http://www.game-4-fun.com/forum

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 28 Jun 2010, 16:46

As I stated, for each language you have installed on your forum you MUST make the edits to the language/xxx/common.php file as the mod has you make to language/en/common.php as well as upload the applicable language file for whichever mod into your language/xxx/mods folder.

It would seem that you used some sort of host installer for your forum and because of that have a bazillion languages installed. The current board language that is set as default is "English (us)" which is language/en_us and not "British English" which is language/en.

Concerning the style automod will only install the style onto prosilver and/or subsilver2, if you are using a different style then you have to do the edits to that styles html file as the mod does to for either prosilver or subsilver2 depending on which one the style you are trying to use is based off of (prosilver based styles will have multiple css files within the theme directory, subsilver2 based styles will have just a few).

oHalfPastDeado

Postby oHalfPastDeado » 28 Jun 2010, 16:53

I am dont know how to do edit on commond .php file.. as yes i am use simpler themeplate of subsliver 2 into my website.. it inside of userpanel it called green.. u should able to see what different i am dont know how to edit some file tho... also i got force install only one error all is susses for my themeplate...

on styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html

Find: <li class="icon-faq"><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}">{L_FAQ}</a></li>
Replace: <!-- IF S_MCHAT_ENABLE and U_MCHAT --><li class="icon-bump"><a href="{U_MCHAT}" title="{L_MCHAT}">{L_MCHAT}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->

its my theme wont accpet so how can i edit it on my theme?

please help me out as i am not good english as i am hard to find to how do it.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 28 Jun 2010, 17:11

Change your forum default style to use the green template that you want to use.

oHalfPastDeado

Postby oHalfPastDeado » 28 Jun 2010, 17:13

Last edited by oHalfPastDeado on 13 Jan 2015, 00:01, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: bbcode code tags added

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 28 Jun 2010, 17:17

Did you refresh the style in the ACP after making that change and I don't see that edit to your overall_header.html file when I visit your site.

Return to “Modders MOD support”