mChat 1.3.5 New Chat Alert message

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: mChat 1.3.5 New Chat Alert message

Postby RMcGirr83 » 18 Jan 2014, 13:03

You need to provide a link to your forum with the js file installed and the mod active for guests. I don't know which file you are using.

CraftyMc

Postby CraftyMc » 18 Jan 2014, 13:28

the link is http://www.lukesezpcsolutions.co.uk/forum

The chat is active for guests ....And I have overwritten the .JS with the one provided so you can see all the errors i am getting.

Thank You.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby RMcGirr83 » 18 Jan 2014, 13:51

CraftyMc

Postby CraftyMc » 18 Jan 2014, 14:35

Okay so which ones do i remove because they all do different things? I'm so confused, such a noob with javascript.

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 18 Jan 2014, 14:53

Get rid of the links related to thestyle and it should work, if not do a google on the abortion style and mchat and you will. Find some other topics about it...
Steve ©

CraftyMc

Postby CraftyMc » 18 Jan 2014, 15:03

Nope didn't work steve, If anything it made way more errors lol. As for searching the absolution theme with mchat, there is loads of topics related to installing mchat etc but I already have it installed, there is'nt any posts to this specific problem 'new chat message with absolution theme'. I am having trouble getting this to work. Before attempting to use this add-on it was all working no problem.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: mChat 1.3.7 New Chat Alert message

Postby RMcGirr83 » 19 Jan 2014, 11:33

CraftyMc

Postby CraftyMc » 19 Jan 2014, 20:58

Tried the above ^^, unfortunately it didn't work :( I have no 'new chat title', no sound, can't (edit/ip/remove) chats etc, collapse doesn't work and google debug is currently at 289 errors and rising. This is just on first visuals and basic functions. Not sure how deep the errors go, I have left it in place so you can go and see all the errors etc and test for yourself at http://www.lukesezpcsolutions.co.uk/forum

I have no idea where the conflict is but it seems javascript doesn't want to play.

I would very much appreciate if anyone can help and i will be leaving the errors and edits in place until we can find a fix. Thanks Crafty.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 19 Jan 2014, 22:36

You are using the add on to hide/show edit buttons/time etc which isn't completely installed.

CraftyMc

Postby CraftyMc » 19 Jan 2014, 22:46

Hmm... Okay i will have a look at those again.. I'm sure I installed them exactly as instructed in the topics. Maybe cut a bit here and pasted it there but was sure i added all the files in the correct places etc.

CraftyMc

Postby CraftyMc » 19 Jan 2014, 22:58

I missed the 'add this code to mchat_ajax_mini.js' So that issue is now solved with edit buttons etc. Thank You :) however the 'new chat message' not working and no sound problem are still present. Google says,

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'msie' of undefined - mchat_ajax_mini.js?v=1.3.7:11

any ideas, I'm guessing there is a problem with the 'msie' function on line 11 of mchat_ajax_mini.js?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 20 Jan 2014, 00:34

Can I ask why you aren't using the mchat js file from 1.3.7 and instead are making me jump through hoops? And before you state you are using mchat js file from 1.3.7...double, triple and quadruple check because, trust me, you aren't.

That is the reason you are getting that js script error and if you have questions concerning anything with 1.3.7 do not use this topic to ask...search is your friend.

CraftyMc

Postby CraftyMc » 20 Jan 2014, 02:56

Sure you can ask that, and my reply is - ...I'm using whatever was in the 1.3.7 automod package from the phpbb extensions directory because I can assure you I haven't touched the root/mchat folder apart from overwriting the mchat_ajax_mini.js as instructed.

Sooo,

if i had to hazard a guess I would say because whatever mchat js I am using is what was included in the package I downloaded and is what automod decided to install.

As for searching, believe me, I do try. It just seems I can never find anything relating specifically to my issue which is why I post and since this issue is specific to the 'New Chat Alert message' and not 'mChat 1.3.7' I would have thought this is the correct place to come to?

On another note, could you clarify exactly what 'mchat js file from 1.3.7' I should be using as upon checking my root/mChat files the only .js I have is,

jquery.titlealert.min.js,
jquery_cookie_mini.js,
jquery-1.10.2.min.js and
mchat_ajax_mini.js.

All of which are the same as the 1.3.7 package i literally just downloaded from phpbb to cross check my files (excluding the jquery.titlealert.min.js for this addon and the overwritten mchat_ajax.mini.js).

Thank you, Crafty,

CraftyMc

Postby CraftyMc » 20 Jan 2014, 03:37

I think I know where the confusion is, the first post in this topic tells me to download a .zip and within this .zip are the jquery.titlealert.min.js and mchat_ajax_mini.js << the js 'I think' you are referring to?

Well I replaced the ajax with the one in the .zip, wrong? (since it's for 1.3.5 and i'm on 1.3.7)

When I add the original ajax .js back to the root/mchat I get a whole bunch of errors including all the original ones stated above and the hover (edit/ip/remove) buttons no longer work even with the function mchat time/show added to the js.

I have put the original ajax.js back in so you can have a look for yourself and all i can do is apologize for the confusion and hope we can resolve this mess :(

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 20 Jan 2014, 11:21

Return to “Modders MOD support”