[SOLVED] MChat not posting. "loading ok, error paused"

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
intempest

[SOLVED] MChat not posting. "loading ok, error paused"

Postby intempest » 21 Aug 2011, 03:58

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.9
What is your board's URL? http://feelthecrowd.com/forum
Who do you host your board with? Slamdot
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
What MODs do you have installed? MChat
What styles do you currently have installed? Prosilver, Sub_silver2, Rock_Roll
What language(s) is your board currently using? en
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? After Installing MChat
Please describe your problem. I used AutoMod to install MChat. copied the files it told me to copy and ran the mchat installer. It's showing up on my board. i'm currently using Rock_Roll which is a prosilver based theme. I need to learn how to tweak the colors. But the issue i'm having is nothing typed shows up in the chat box. Nothing is posting. I looked up the "loading ok, error paused" and it came up empty. I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've installed to a previous board and it worked just fine. But it was version 8 and i did the install manually. I remember having to go into the database and add code for mchat which i figured the install script did. Not sure if that could be the issue or not.
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev$)

ShadowmanUK
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MChat not posting. "loading ok, error paused"

Postby ShadowmanUK » 21 Aug 2011, 08:45

The fact that you are using a different theme would suggest to me you need to do more work in that area to get this working. Have you done all of the edits for prosilver on your board and tried (as a test) the prosilver theme?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby RMcGirr83 » 21 Aug 2011, 11:00

intempest

Postby intempest » 23 Aug 2011, 08:53

@ ShadowmanUK It's done the same thing on all themes, it just looks better on prosilver.

@RMC I opened up styles/rockn_roll/overall_header.html and searched for those full lines of code and couldn't see them. Am i looking at the wrong file?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 23 Aug 2011, 09:44

http://feelthecrowd.com/forum/styles/ro ... eader.html

Well they were there...I swear. Please activate the chat for guests as I can't see the chat at all right now.

intempest

Postby intempest » 26 Aug 2011, 08:44

Mchat is enabled for Guests. Though thinking it may have been an installation error i reinstalled the forum and everything. Still having the same issue with all styles.

Another question. I installed Stargate portal instead of Board3 portal like i've done with my last site. Would i install MChat to the stargate portal the same? Make an include and add it to the center block?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 26 Aug 2011, 09:11

intempest

Postby intempest » 26 Aug 2011, 10:35

well, the odd thing is, when you saw the first page it was just mchat installed, and i had the issue. Stargate portal being installed it is still having the same issue.

Should i uninstall via automod and reinstall it manually?

Also, I am still a novice in this type of coding, and since i used automod I'm not sure where that jQuery code is, nor how it should be changed.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 26 Aug 2011, 10:40

intempest

Postby intempest » 26 Aug 2011, 11:33

ohh, i didn't know it wasn't validated. The reason i chose to use it was the addition of the users to be able to move tables around to their choosing, it saves the layout for next time they go to the site. Also the ACP for it seems to have more flexibility and features than board3 portal.

So i'll go and uninstall everything again and try installing mchat first. (since i like your mod the most out of everything i've toyed with. I do most of this kind of stuff as a hobby.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 26 Aug 2011, 12:41

intempest

Postby intempest » 26 Aug 2011, 13:32

so i deleted everything again. and reinstalled mchat first, manually and it's working just fine.. i think it was automod that may have been the issue

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ooopsie » 26 Aug 2011, 13:34

I used to install exclusively manually. I changed to AutoMod recently and mChat installed flawlessly. I do know that at times AutoMod will miss something here and there but mChat, again, installs like a charm. Of course, it depends if you have an off the wall style too...

intempest

Postby intempest » 26 Aug 2011, 14:15

well, it was giving issues off of a fresh phpbb3.0.9 and fresh mchat install, using prosilver. but after i installed it manually.. as i said, it works... now i've got to look through and find out how to change the colors. since the ones it's pulling from the tables just aren't working for it... Do i know how to do this, absolutely not... but well see..lol

I also went back to using board3 portal since i knew it worked

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 26 Aug 2011, 14:19

Return to “Modders MOD support”