Looking for a Script...

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bonelifer
Administrator
Administrator
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Looking for a Script...

Postby bonelifer » 14 Nov 2008, 01:26

I'm looking for a PHP script that I can run from my host that will retrieve a file(zip file) from another host. I'm going to use it to make upgrades quicker as I'm on 56k dialup and would rather not download the zip and then reupload it to my host for unzipping. Any suggestions. I've looked every where but obviously my search terms are either bad or I'm searching for the wrong thing.

JRSweets

Re: Looking for a Script...

Postby JRSweets » 14 Nov 2008, 20:44

bonelifer
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Looking for a Script...

Postby bonelifer » 15 Nov 2008, 00:56

Thanks Jeff, that last example worked perfectly. It must of been one of those days yesterday. I search for scripts that used CURL and couldn't find one. Usually the right search terms just pop into my head. I can usually find the right script by either searching on Yahoo/Google or http://phpclasses.masbytes.es/ but this time I drew a blank on terms, except for of course CURL(strange that none of the results was what I needed). I guess I should of looked through a few more pages of results. That script made a difference between 38-44 minutes to download and then reupload or 30 seconds(total) with the script. :beer:

Return to “General Discussion”