Question about how music videos are made?

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stella Richards
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Question about how music videos are made?

Postby Stella Richards » 30 Apr 2009, 07:24

Hey guys,

I have a question abouthow music videos are made.

In music videos where it shows bands playing (greenscreen or not,) do they actually play the song and then dub the recorded version over it, or do they pretend to play and then dub the music over it?

One day when me and my band write a good song, I might want to make my own home-made music video for it.

CJ1985

Re: Question about how music videos are made?

Postby CJ1985 » 30 Apr 2009, 13:41

Well, I've watched those one shows on MTV - not sure if they do it anymore or not. However, they showed how it was done. Creating the videos, what the singer/band had to do and so forth.

They don't really sing it. It's already been recorded and so forth, so they end up just lip syncing it.

That's why if you look real close on some videos, the singer is a tad bit off on the lip syncing... You don't see it very often, but yeah. That's how they do it! :)

Oh, and they do play the music in the background so they know what to lip sync and not have to guess or anything.

Hope that helps. :)

Return to “General Discussion”