I Need to Vent So Here Goes!

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

I Need to Vent So Here Goes!

Postby Ooopsie » 10 Apr 2011, 15:11

I want you all to understand, I am not blowing sugar up anybodies nose here nor am I brown nosing.

I do not know Rich personally as in face to face but reading through all topics and posts on the board, a few PM’s here and there and assisting in Moderation at one point, I feel it appropriate to post the following.

Rich is just a plain NICE GUY who loves working on his MOD’s and helping others enjoy his MOD’s.

About 20% of the folks that logon here are ruthless. They care only about them selves. Through our own stupidity (yeah, I am included) we screw things up and come running to Rich and he complies with a response to fix what we messed up, or more often than not, he fixes what we did not follow instructions on (again, me included).

He understands and has empathy with the Newbie having issues and assists ABOVE AND BEYOND what he would normally do.

All this with a Thank You from users of his MOD’s and 20% of users (maybe more) don’t thank at all and then they complain and whine and get upset with Rich for THEIR problems.

I have only had 2 of Rich’s MODS’s that do not work for me and why? They conflict with other MODS’s. Now who’s fault is that? Rich’s? Hell, he can’t test his MOD’s against 500 MOD’s in the .com database!!!! He makes these MOD’s for HIS pleasure and shares them with others for THEIR PLEASURE. Again, he SHARES, FREE OF CHARGE and in turn he’s treated like a slave or worse some time.

There is not ONE TIME that Rich has not assisted me through my dumb errors and it’s more than appreciated.

I am as broke as they come folks, due to some ailments that caught up with me and put me out of work but I tell you, a small donation goes a long way for an author. It shows at minimum that they are appreciated. As a donor, I don’t expect MORE from Rich. As a matter of fact, I expect less. Because of his help, I have gained knowledge and need less help. Do a search and see some of my dumb questions.

I have too many MOD’s installed on my board (I am in the process of axing a lot of them). Why? THE SUPPORT SUCKS but I have yet to uninstall one of Rich’s MOD’s for non support!

It just boils down to, GIVE HIM A BREAK. This is not his full time job and what constitutes and emergency to you is not necessarily an emergency for Rich or anybody else for that matter.

I will now step down off of my soapbox and let you all hammer me now. I probably deserve it.

Oopsie
_____
Be who you are and say what you feel.
Those who mind don't matter.
Those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

_____
And be kinder than necessary, for everyone
you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

ShadowmanUK
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I Need to Vent So Here Goes!

Postby ShadowmanUK » 10 Apr 2011, 16:59

I agree Ooops.. there's just too many rude people that come on this board expecting everything for nothing.

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 10 Apr 2011, 20:56

Same here i o gree with you i would let them hang and just un install my mods!!

:beer: for rachel!!
Steve ©

newsbee_2

Postby newsbee_2 » 15 Apr 2011, 19:56

Hey guys, this happens in all discussion boards. I created and am running an automotive forum - with no financial benefits, apart from some Google ads money - and the situation there very similar: there are many guys/gals who come to ask stupid questions about a car, without bothering to use search or the knowledgebase that has answers to almost all questions. Once their question is answered, they disappear, while only some remain to answer more of visitors' stupid questions.

We are lucky though because we can meet in real life and maintain friendships outside of the board framework. This helps. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother to run a forum.

This is our fate - don't take it to heart. Rich - your forum is great. There are other forums that are equally great, but ordinary users come and go without even thanking.

Boardtalk

Postby Boardtalk » 20 Jun 2011, 09:06

MankyBRG

Postby MankyBRG » 20 Jun 2011, 10:41

Nice post, there are certainly too many people on this earth who expect to get gold star support and service for something they got for free off the webs. I appreciate the time and effort that goes into these mods and so had no hesitation in purchasing the leader board mod or supporting the site through donations. I have contributed a wee bit of code, though that was a total surprise to me.

I haven't been around this forum that long but is plain to see that Rich goes out of his way to help wherever he can even for people who clearly don't deserve it, if it was me I would probably have told half the people to fuck off already :P

Neo_2

Postby Neo_2 » 20 Jun 2011, 15:53

Good post and i totally agree Ooopsie.

Rich for president! :cool:

"Keep Them Rolling"

Shoddy Revolver

Postby Shoddy Revolver » 24 Jun 2011, 05:20

I too have not been on these forums long, i started with the Mchat mod and had a few issues Rich got back to me in record time compared to most out there, And gave great clear instruction. I too had no problem in purchasing the xbox mod a top quality mod that the man should be rewarded for regardless. Have also donated and will again in the future. Rich :rock:

Cable Player

Postby Cable Player » 24 Jun 2011, 22:51

I made a bit of a fool of myself over the XBox Leaderboard (V1) but he was patient and understanding throughout.
Cheers Rich :)

Return to “General Discussion”