Mod, topics, subjects, and keyword

Welcome -- introduce yourself!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stirling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mod, topics, subjects, and keyword

Postby stirling » 25 Jun 2013, 09:41

Hi,

I joined this forum to view a topic and mod that I was referred to by the phpbb forum. The link wouldn't work so I joined this forum. But I still can't view the topic. The topic and related topics that I want to view are associated with this post:

Re: [REQ] New permissions for links
I've decided to make a formal mod out of it. You can read more about it here

by RMcGirr83
05 Jan 2009, 16:08

I want to find out how to install and use this mod, so that spammers can't post anything that contains a domain name in order to deter them from making posts.

While I am at it, is there a simple way to automatically delete forum posts which have a subject that contains a keyword? We have human spammers that are constantly posting to our forum with a keyword that is highly unlikely to appear in posts on our site. So I would like to automatically delete these posts. Right now, for new members all posts are reviewed before they are posted. So the spam doesn't make it to the board. But nevertheless this is turning into a lot of work, since I have to constantly delete these posts made by human spammers who are dumber than a doornail. The fact that their posts never make it to our forum doesn't seem to deter them. I actually contacted one of the websites who is responsible for the spammers, and there SEO retaliated by increasing the posts to 72 in a days. I am about to attempt to get their domain name providers to shut them down. I don't understand how human spammers can afford to waste time making posts that don't count as a link to the sites they are promoting. I guess they are really very stupid and ignorant people.

Jay

Return to “Introductions”