hey all - looking to convert from Vanilla to phpBB 3

Welcome -- introduce yourself!
irish_ayes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

hey all - looking to convert from Vanilla to phpBB 3

Postby irish_ayes » 25 Apr 2009, 17:27

Hey everyone,

my users are revolting against me and want me to install something that's not Vanilla (getvanilla.com). Even though I like it, they don't want to have to learn anything new, so back to phpBB it is (not that I'm complaining though).

Always liked phpBB, and php in general, so hopefully this project will get me back into my php coding days.

Can anyone direct me to a Vanilla converter to either phpBB2 or phpBB3? I found a link off the phpbb.com page, but it said I wasn't authorized to view the page yet, must be because I only have (at the time of this post) 0 posts!

jmcnally
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: hey all - looking to convert from Vanilla to phpBB 3

Postby jmcnally » 04 May 2009, 15:46

I'm also very interested in this ability. Please someone help!

aytackoray

Postby aytackoray » 04 Sep 2009, 11:52

I need this help too!

I need a converter for vanilla to phpbb!
please help

bonelifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bonelifer » 05 Sep 2009, 00:53

thegallerymusic

Postby thegallerymusic » 19 Nov 2009, 05:35

.snow

Postby .snow » 22 Nov 2009, 05:14

Welcome to the site man.
Hope you get your stuff sorted.

Calebrw

Postby Calebrw » 29 Jan 2010, 06:11

Calebrw

Postby Calebrw » 30 Jan 2010, 03:33

I have a new guide based on the above website online. Visit https://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/ ... bb-2-0-23/ for more information.

Thanks to the original coder for the SQL commands.

gravesend46

Postby gravesend46 » 14 Oct 2011, 09:04

Just resurrecting this one!

I'm guessing this won't now work for Vanilla 2 as I am getting a number of errors that don't seem to relate to the new Vanilla 2 structure.

Is there any easy way now of converting Vanilla 2 to phpBB?

tumba25
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby tumba25 » 15 Oct 2011, 18:55

If you send me all your forum files and a complete database backup, I'll write a Vanilla 2 -> phpBB 3 converter. I think you can send as attachment in a PM.

kas5986

Postby kas5986 » 17 Dec 2012, 19:56

Is there a convert for vanilla 2 to phpBB3 or phpBB2 i need it looking from last one week :(

tumba25
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby tumba25 » 18 Dec 2012, 13:47

No, I'm still waiting for a database from a real forum to test with. And I also need avatars and attachments if any of them are uploaded to the forum.

SamiSalami

Postby SamiSalami » 25 Jan 2013, 15:01

Hey tumba,

are you still interested in writing such a script?
I have a running Vanilla 2 installation on my site: http://www.xenoblade.org and already installed phpbb 3 on my server.
Before I used simple: press but for multiple reasons like really poor support and an almostly criminal change regarding their marketing philosophy, I installed Vanilla on an interim basis.
So some of the old data might be messed up, because it was already migrated once.

But I woud really appreciate any help on this, because I do not have any experiences and only a few with Vanilla I am really having problems to sort out the whole data for a complete migration script (which I am writing in PHP with MySQL).

So are you interested? If you are not willing to write the whole script I would already appreciate some help, like a list of all important fields on the phpbb side.

Just give me an email address or anything else to share my data with you :-)

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Sami

PS:
The dummy question in the registration (Which year do we have?) still expects 2012 as an answer :)

SamiSalami

Postby SamiSalami » 26 Jan 2013, 16:29

Sorry for the double post, but I cannot edit my first posting and just wanted to correct something

I wrote:
"[...]because I do not have any experiences and[...]"

I meant, I do not have any experience with phpbb, just forgot that one.
I do have experience with forum migrations, mysql and php - so it's not like I am expecting you to offer a complete tutorial as well ;)

tumba25
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby tumba25 » 26 Jan 2013, 20:01

Return to “Introductions”